Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 Year Post Surgery and L5 Damage

StacyAnnSStacyAnn Posts: 50
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, at the one year mark after the second set of fusion surgeries, I find myself with L5 pain due to scar tissue and was told that there is no fix. As long as the leg continues to work, the NS says its pointless to go in since it was tight in there last year and trying to scrape the scar tissue might cause more damage and the tissue might just grow back. The NS is setting up a spinal cord stimulator trial and I will continue on my pain meds.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any ideas to try? I am already seeking a seccond opinion from an orthopedic surgeon too. Maybe another doctor will see other options. But I know there are other spineys out there who have a wealth of experience and I would like to tap into it.

Any advice, ideas, etc would be appreciated.

Who is very depressed tonight at the prospect of living the rest of her life this way.

• I had the same problem with scar tissue post fusion. I went to a PM doctor who did endoscopic neurolysis of adhesions, and had the procedure three times to remove the scar tissue. Not only did it not work, but now my pain is many times more intense as well as the numbness in my legs. The PM doctor wanted me to have a fourth procedure, but he would not help me manage my severe pain, so I decided to contact my original surgeon, who told me not to go ahead with another procedure, and he helped me manage my pain until I found a PM doctor who would be my advocate. That period of time was a nightmare for me.

Mine is just one experience though, and I would get another opinion for peace of mind.

Good luck,