Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No more pain please read!

ihatepainiihatepain Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Chronic Pain
For years i have dealt with excrutiating pain and have been on oxycodone and soma for years. It totally destroyed my life in all aspects. The pain makes you not want to do anything as you all probably know. Herniated discs, bone sprurs, stenosis, myofascial pain, nerve pain you name it. I was at my whits end. Doctors where saying surgery, injections, blah blah blah. I finally decided to take my health into my own hands. I never really occured to me the BED i was sleeping on was promoting so much of my pain. After a lot of research i finally bought a SIMMONS COMFORPEDIC which cost about $4800!! But came with a 90 day guarantee. After a few weeks the pain started to change...it was deeper in my spine which was actually my spine adjusting to this new matress. A week later i was waking up with my each side of my spine itching like crazy!! WHich turned out to be my spine HEALING itself!! WIthin 2 more weeks, the pain COMPLETELY subsided. GONE, FINISHED, ADIOS, bye bye!!! I AM A NORMAL NOW!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YEAH MAN!!! Doctors are horrible. Not one of them EVER mentioned ANYTHING ABOUT what i was sleeping on NOT ONCE!. And my pain doc actually chuckled at my purchase of this bed in my attempts to rid myself of this pain. WELL WHO IS LAUGHING NOW!!! i called to cancel my appointment and am successfully tapering of these nasty drugs. JUst wanted to pass this info along to all those suffering needlessly. If someone with as many problems as me went from a 7-8 daily pain scale to a 1 or even less in less than 2 months, it can surely help other people. I know it is expensive but what is freedom from pain worth? It is priceless and worth every penny i spent!! Peace

• At first when I saw the head line for your post I thought "oh Great" another spam post.

But I have to agree with you some what a good bed can make the world of difference. I have pretty significant back problems and I travel with my job several times a year. I hate it since none of the hotels up here have foam beds (and most) cause me to go into a bad flair.

I have a 10 yr old firm mattress that we bought at Costco but after my lumbar fusion I added a 4" memory foam topper. I love my bed. It is perfect for me. I wont say it keeps me out of surgery but it keeps me well supported and I don't think I could find another place to sleep that is as good as it is.

I am glad you are sleeping well and feeling so much better. I wish you well.

• but i have never heard of ant bed totally removing serious back pain .i have purchased many very expensive beds .including the top of the range tempur bed and now we have individual top of the range velda electrically adjustable beds with high quality sprung/memory foam mattress they are very comfy but after only 2 hours i still wake in pain .i too take large amounts of oxycontin .its a massive claim to make that a bed will remove serious back pain .if it has for you ..i am very happy for you but i doubt that the majority of us long term pain sufferers will benefit
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • Wish I could afford to find out
  • Awesome! I sometimes suspect my matress is not up to par. I hope to purchase a top of the line someday. I hope you continue to obtain relief.
  • Wish i had that kind of money to get a new matress...
This discussion has been closed.