Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I know your out there, please share some responses and experiences.

candrews922ccandrews922 Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I have posted on here a number of times recently. One question was labeled a duplicate, which was done because I wasn't getting any responses. I think my situation has to be similar to a lot of you out there with stenosis as well as ddd since they go together. I have avoided surgery, and I think I am coming to a cross road where I will have to make a decision I don't want to have to make. I really need advice from those of you that have had surgery and those that decided not to. Also if our symptoms are similar and what my match as to ones that were a deciding factor when it came to going thru with surgery. Please look back at my posts and comment where you all can as to your experiences and results. It would really help me alot. I am scared and I have no immediate support around me, my family for the most part are clueless. Especially my husband, who has been lucky enough to have physically avoided anything similar to me. He is also 10 years older, murphy's law here. Thank you.

• To get the most in responses from other members you need to give them information in your post, you are asking a question. The members are not going to research prior post of yours to come back and answer a question here, as they also are here in pain, with their own issues. Most members will log on for a short time and answer what post they can. We ask that a title be clear and concise as to what your asking, along with the pertinent information. For example you could have written I need information from anyone whom has Lumbar stenosis at l4-l5? Would like to know the following questions........... The title could go something like this, Lumbar stenosis questions, or cervical stenosis question. Then anyone whom suffers from that will be more than willing to look and respond. We have members whom only suffer from lumbar issues or only from cervical issues, while a few have both. So you want to give the reader as much information as possible so they can help, you keeping it as short as possible and of course broken up. If it is all put together in one paragraph, most have issues reading stuff like that.

It is true that we don't allow duplicate post, and know they don't get more answers, as everyone can see it is duplicate post. Most of us use the view recent post and can see it is a duplicate so will only read one of them.

At the top of this page is some very good links on stenosis that are doctor written and peer reviewed, so from a medical stand point that will help out with the understanding of what is going on and treatments available.
  • If you fill out your signature line then some people will be able to respond to your post. We`re here for you and sad your post went unnoticed due to many new posts or spam.

I haven`t had surgery but been in chronic pain over 3 years. Did a Surgeon say you need surgery. I hope I can find your post. We`re here for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • is normally very good providing you have a decent consultant .as i have said to many that are scared about there operations .as soon as the cannula is in the back of your hand you wont feel or member anyhting! .i have had back problems for 16 years now including DDD/stenosis /facet joint hypertrophy and and and ! and now i am needing ALIF surgey .don't worry too much just find a decent consultant and go with the flow
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014