Not sure if this belongs in this thread. Wasn't sure if this was the correct forum.
Had an MRI done on my cervical area. Haven't been to the doctor yet but was wondering what my MRI report means?
I've been contemplating getting surgery due to the pain, numbness and burning I'm getting in my arms and foot.
No cord signal abnormality is appreciated. The cervical vertebrae are normally aligned. The normal cervical lordosis is straightened. The intervetebral disks are midly desiccated. The disk heights are preserved. Marrow signal is unremarkable. There is mild left facet joint hypertrophy at all cervical levels.
1. Small disk protrusions/herniations at c4-5, c6-7, and t2-3 without spinal stenosis or cord impingement.
2. Left paracentral disk protrusion/herniation causing mild spinal stenosis and cord impingement at c5-6.
3. Moderate narrowing of the left neural foramina at c5-6 and c6-7.
4. Mild left facet arthropathy at c7-t1.
5. Straightening of the normal cervical lordosis, which may be related to positioning or muscle spasm.
Really wondering if my results are severe enough to warrant surgery.