Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I set a quit date

nurselynnaiennurselynnaie Posts: 167
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Stop Smoking
Well everyone I set a quit date of September 1st, I got the package of patches that the state sends you to help you stop smoking. I have been looking all kinds of stuff up online even hypnotist videos on you tube lol ... any other ideas. I may try Zyban not sure yet , I don't need added weight but I do need to quit smoking .

• Today is my quit day, and not with nicotine replacements either. You might want to read the book "Stopping Smoking the EASYWAY" by Allen Carr. I have no cravings, I'm in a great mood, and I feel free! But that is my story. My original quit day was yesterday, but I had some cigs left, and used them to fully get my brain on board.

Fingers crossed for ya! I'll keep an eye in here, and this way we can support each other. Oh,, the book I mentioned, it has also been converted to a NOOK ebook. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I will absolutely pick that book up tomorrow and read it. I am excited I have you for support I know we can do it. I know we have to , it is healthier for us anyway you look at it.
    Thanks Brenda so much
  • Sheryl,

Coolness! The book is only 200 pages, so easy to read in one shot. Hell, hehe, you might even end up moving up your quit day!

Rooting for ya!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hello,
    Sorry my friend i am not smokes a cigarette. But normally some smoker takes 2 month’s to quit smoking…
  • i am 3 days clear of cigarette smoking .i decided to stop without any aids .no NOT i am allergic i tried the E cig and was sick .so after many conversations with myself i decided that monday just gone was the time to stop..here in the uk we are having a campaign its called stoptober {stop october}.but i wanted to stop a week before .just because i feel i have lots of will power and i WANT to stop this time ..i have tried time and time again to stop and over 30 years i have been stopped for half that at one stage or another .the longest stop was ten years then another was 5 years and i have had little stops like 2 days/3 months but this time ..lets see ..good luck to all stopping ..
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I quit over 3 years ago. Cold turkey as they say. I wont say it was easy by any means, but if you really put your mind to it, you can do it. I quit 2 weeks before my last lumbar surgery. No one in my family believed that I could do it cause I smoked for almost 40 years. So like I say, if I did it you can too.
  • i know it can be done ,its just doing it and staying off them ..i must say that i feel very possitive this time
    again dont stop stopping !!
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • go Tony! It is such a hard habbit to quit, but you can do it. I quit about 9 months ago, it was not easy, but am so glad that I did it.
    You have stopped in the past for long periods of time, so know that you can do it. This is the one that will stick.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • I think setting some date is not a good idea, if you have made a decision to quit smoking than today is the day to do so. You may use some mint toffees and tea to help yourself to break this habit.