Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF 6 weeks out

ltstamplltstamp Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, just visited my surgeon and he says it is absolutely perfect. He lifted ALL my restrictions. I have to admit my pain is completely gone and the numbness is almost gone as well.
I still have to get my lumbar done but my neck was the worst.
So now I am moving and can actually do anything that I please. The added benefit has been doing the PT during my recovery. I have almost 100% ROM back (there are just some things that do not bend due to a 3 level being done).

So there is hope!

• Congratulations and well done!

You are just the sort of story that we like to hear.

I have cord compression at C3/4 and C4/5 with cervical spondylosis throughout my neck. I am being watched while we wait to see how things progress.

Last week, I had EMG and nerve conductions studies and the neurologist said I definately have compression in my neck (not my wrists or elbows). I don't know if this if nerve root compression symptoms or cord compression symptoms.

Did you have these tests? And if so, what was your diagnosis?

I am trying to find out as much as I can about what lead others to cervical surgery, what their diagnosis, symptoms and outcome has been.

Can you tell that I am rather nervous about the prospect of needing another spinal surgery? :S

• I had the EMG and it showed no nerve damage. I thought at the time that I would be stuck with how I was feeling. The doctor decided to do a disco gram because I had lost more then half my strength in my left arm. The disco gram showed that I had levels of 10/10/9 pain (out of 10) on my 3 levels. At that they decided with the weakness to go ahead with the surgery. I was so glad that I did.
    They also did the facet injections which did not help and tons of PT, massage and acupuncture.

Good Luck. I know that I was beginning to loose hope and when I first had the surgery I was full of doubt and was scared of the outcome. Now, I feel like I could do anything. I hope that you have some relief.