Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another surgery

LisadiinfloridaLLisadiinflorida Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, Im struggling a lot. I have remaining scoliosis on my neck, amd was told by a Neurologist that since I just had a failed fusion at C 5-6 and another above it, that my best route would be to have another big fusion. I'm very apprehensive. He said he couldn't do it but would talk to some colleges. It would consist of fusing me where my Harrington rod ends up to C3, leaving a bit of room to move my neck. I just don't know, am not informed enough, want to return to work from disability, and not become more restricted in terms of movement.
Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

• Hi Lisa,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find others whom have had revision surgery, including myself. As far as if your informed enough or not, I would definitely go and hear what the surgeon has to say, along with getting more opinions. Look in the FAQ section at the top of the page and there is a link to 38 questions to ask a surgeon, and make your list of questions from that. Also key is to research the surgeon. Is the surgery posterior, I am guessing as that is the only way I know to put harrington rods in the cervical spine. If the surgery is posterior you need to understand is not compared to ACDF as it is a different ballgame. Are you currently working? Going back to work from that surgery will depend on how you heal and what type of employment you have. Also would depend on if you have any permanent damage. Do you know what is your current diagnoses? Will they be fusing all those levels?

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Look forward to reading more of your post. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to pm me take care.