Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

still dealing with hip- petrified of what's to come

manalerie2mmanalerie2 Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:56 AM in Chronic Pain
From what I remember, the pain in my right hip began immediately following my first (and last) ESI

Since then I have been a hot potato , trapped in a revolving door of "I can't be bothered" diagnoses.

2 years ago, I was sent for yet another useless xray, by another new doctor, who immediately tossed my hot potato butt to the next.

I spent the next year under the care of an amazing PA who (just my luck) took a 6month personal leave, only to return and drop all of her patients and become a same day only provider.

Well during one of my useless refill visits, my new temporary PA decides to run through my entire medical history. He pulls up my xray from a year before, and without batting an eye says "oh yes- I see there's a tumor there"

EXCUSE ME???? For the previous year, I was not told anything about a tumor. I was made to feel like an idiot who wines about a little leg pain. At this point, nothing can really be investigated, because I was pregnant.

Now, while still being tosssed around like a hot potato, four other PAs (who I saw for refills) all came up with different ways to ignore me. -of course it hurts, ur pregnant- well yes its ur sciatic nerve- its from having children blah blah. Every one of them pulled my record, either didn't see the same thing the first guy had, or couldn't find the xray at all. All of them assured me there was no tumor.

3 weeks ago, I finally get in to establish with my permanent care provider. Again I run thru my story of the vanishing xray. She pulls my record, says "it says in the technician report that there's a tumor right here". Great.

So nearly 2yr after my initial xray, I'm in having another. This PA calls me a few days later... At 9 pm... And tells me there is (forgive my memory here, because this is where panic set in) a bright white spot on my bone. It demands further investigation. I'm gonna have to go in for weekly scans. If there is significant changes, then ill have a mri. She will be speaking with the orthopedic surgeon, and get his opinion. She calls me the next morning, tells me ortho said to forget the xrays, get in for MRI immediately. WOW.

So now, I am waiting for MRI to be approved by Medi-Cal (state benefits) she had mentioned on my first visit, that this tumor may need to be surgically removed... Now there is this "white spot" idk what to think. The tumor is supposedly benign, but even a benign tumor in the hip area, may spread to the lungs. I'm afraid to have surgery... What will be the after affects of that?? How could all these medical professionals just ignore me, and ignore the findings that were in front of their faces? Can they do that?

I guess I'm just looking for an outlet here. My family gets too freaked to talk about this, and I always feel like I'm putting a thousand pounds of dog crap on my friends whenever I try talking to them.
advertisement

Comments

• Typing all that from my blackberry... Wow I thought my hip was a pain! Lmbo!
  • Sorry to hear you went through 2 years of this pain. I heard that a benign tumor can be quite painful in the hip. I hope your MRI gets done so you can see the Surgeon. That's awful you've had to wait so long to get this taken care of. Keep us posted and vent away anytime. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • So my current doctor prescribed a new dose on Norco (4x a day) and a new med- trazadone. Husband went to pick them up on friday, and guess what- I have no health insurance! What a way to start the holiday weekend. Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow!
  • Welcome to spine health. Wow I am so sorry that it has taken two years and countless doctors for someone to finally get the ball rolling for you for an MRI.

Good for you for knowing your body, and never giving up fighting for what you knew... something was wrong.

I hope that you are able to get in for your MRI quickly, and something can be done to help you right away. In the meantime, please keep coming on here, talking to us, venting if needed, asking questions, or getting support.

You are in my thoughts.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Well, still no MRI yet. Got everything straightened out with my insurance last week, so I'm guessing that means the approval process starts over? Until then I will be going in for weekly xrays- which my next is monday.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.