Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pregnancy with a back problem

damagedddamaged Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Spinal Stenosis
i am 30 years old and have severe back problems. i have spndy, disc degeneration,pars defect, 2 ruptured discs and hyperflexive joints. im on medication for my problems. ms mono, gabapentin, endep, naprosyn,norspan morphine patch. plus endone for breakthrough pain.
i have times where i spend weeks in bed, and times where the pain is really bad but i also have good days. i am also over weight by 35kgs. i really want a baby.does anyone have any advice regarding this? my meds will be a huge problem and so will the baby weight. im desperate to be a mum but scared as i dont know what to expect with my back. my doctor says pregnancy is possible but it will be very hard on me. what can i expect pain ways? i would have a c section birth. obviously im going to have pain increase if my meds are cut back or stopped, but what about pregnancy pain? also, can my meds cause bad birth defects??

• Sorry to hear you're so young with back problems and want to start a family. Please find a good OBS Dr. probably high risk Obstetrician and a Neurologist will help you with advice concerning certain medications and possibly receiving injections while pregnant.

I know it's hard but weight loss and walking daily will help you carry this extra weight you will gain while pregnant. See about getting Physiotherapy or Physiatrist(sports medicine Dr.) to help you get yourself prepared for a pregnancy. http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/pregnancy-and-back-pain/types-back-pain-pregnancy http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/pregnancy-and-back-pain/exercise-back-pain-during-pregnancy

Always check with your Dr. before any exercises and hope you're able to find a High Risk Obs Dr. your Family Dr. could refer you or check out your local Womens Specialty hospitals.

I was an ER RN at a high risk womens hospital and most have a list of Gyne/Obs Drs there where you could get a referral but hopefully your Primary Dr. can help you find one. Keep us posted how you're doing. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN