Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pop in my neck following Microdiscectomy

markyy99mmarkyy99 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I recently had Microdiscetomy (Cervical Nerve Root Decompression)on C7 / C8 just over two weeks ago. I was given a 20lb lifting, 10lb carrying restriction at my post op visit. Surgery was performed from the back of my neck. Two days ago I lifted a 20lb bag of ice and there was a loud pop in my neck. Not a popping sound like a joint cracking sound makes. Later in the day I tossed a ball to my dog and there were two more pops in my neck. This was followed by increased pain in the area of my procedure. The outside stitches have been removed. Any idea as to what the popping might have been? I'm a little nervous b/c of the increase in pain, but don't want to rush into the doctor either.

• Welcome to spine health and to the other side of surgery.

I don't have an answer as to what could be causing the popping in your neck, but can you give the doctor a call to let them know what happened? 20 pounds is alot to lift especially 2 weeks out of surgery, even though your restrictions were that high.

Do you find that you have been doing alot since your surgery, maybe overdoing? Have you tried ice to help with the pain?

Hoping that you are feeling better today, please give your doctor a call just to be sure.

Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Not that it will make a difference but I thought the cervical was C1-C7. I would go back to the DR and see what they would say.