Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L4 hemangioma

tracey606ttracey606 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in New Member Introductions

I'm new to this board..looking for some information about my condition. I was lifting heavy furniture (not new for me) and developed severe back pain radiating down both legs. xray was negative of spine. Continued to c/o same symptoms and had an mri of lower spine which revealed..
There is a small area of increased intensity withing the L4 vertebral body on T1 and T2 image, consistent with a small hemangioma or lipoma. Bone marrow signal is otherwise normal.
At T11-T12:small central disk protrusion with slight impression on the thecal sac. no spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis.
At T12-L1:normal
At L1-L2: slight disk bulge. no spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis
At L2-L3:there is a slight disk bulge. no stenosis
At L4-L5:this a slight disk bulge, more prominent laterally to the left extending into the left neural foramen and causes moderate narrowing. the right neural foramen is patent.
at L5-S1 normal
and minimal degenerative disk changes.
I'm a 36 y/o female. have asthma. This back pain started in beginning of august after lifting heavy furniture.
I am waiting to see a psyiatrist and neurosurg..takes a while to get an appt. I am wondering since i injured the area @L4 where the ?hemangioma is, do I have to worry about a longer recovery and could the hemangioma be causing me problems as well..I'm also concerned since I need to be able to heavy lift at my job and don't want to re-injure myself..I still get pain in lower back and sciatica type pains down buttocks/legs..kind of alternating. only taking 1 vicodin for pain maybe once every 2 days..I don't like pain medicine and have good pain threshold. The severe pain has eased up and i took motrin for 3 weeks 800mg three times a day..which i'm not taking anymore. Would like to know what type of interventions to expect for my back to get back to normal in a case similar to mine.
The only other thing..which i have no firm diagnosis is that i've been having fevers a few times a week to daily at times over the past year..nite sweats/chills..have had pna in past, but not recently..just strange..temp 98-101.6 overall..just don't get it..lyme titer neg. Can a hemangioma cause fevers?..i would expect though to be quite ill with an infection in my spinal area though, for which i just feel tired/lack of energy.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    You have quite a combination of things happening there.
    Sorry I am not familiar with the hemangioma.. and have no idea why the temp. ?infection of some kind?

But I wanted to welcome you and so many great ppl here with so much experience..someone may share your situation.

You said you have a job with heavy lifting.
    Good to ask your doc when you're ready to go back to full work activities. That lifting is a painful kick in the butt.

Best of luck with all your doctor appts.
    Pls keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.
    Take care!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you dropped in! please have a good look around and make yourself at home here!! i have no experience with your problems but did want to say hello!! i am sure someone will drop by to share with you!! good luck in the future as you search for pain relief! drop by anytime!! there is always a spiney around!! Jenny :)