Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Biomet spinal pak

rascal2717rrascal2717 Posts: 109
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I was told I need to wear this bone growth stimulator for 10 hours a day for at least 3 months. Everything I have read on this site says 30 min or 4 hours. Is mine a different brand or because I have a 2 level fusion and it has to be shifted daily to 3 different sites, is that why I wear it for 10 hours??? Any answers or suggestions is greatly appreciated. (not un- comfortable at all, don't even know it is on because I wear it when I sleep)

• For my last cervical, I was put on the Orthoflex, and that was 4 hours a day. You could wear it the full 4 hours, or go just past an hour (or else it would reset), turn it off, cook dinner or what have you, then wear it some more.

Wow, 10 hours - I hope its not big an bulky for you?? You have observed right on here, 30 minutes to 4 hours is the most common...

Ps...now I know for sure, it didn't help one inch for me...But was given it at 4 months post opt - which might have been the difference.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I recld above. I never improved post ACdf 4/5, 5/6 6/7, knew there was cord compression and osteophyte complex there pre surgery. Now, post surgery pain cont'd. By 4/08, I had another myelogram: disk herniation at c/3; did not have surgery, confusing opinions re madatory. 13 months ago, now a cord compression, not too serious, t 1/2-3/4 osteophyte there/painful ... But stable. In sept, ad new temple xray (can take views with back hard fusion vs myelogram-definitely better)- now serious cord compression at c3/4 and bone growth at same level (osteophyte)... Hourglass tight. In aug, I noticed my voice changing, spasm while yawning. In review of it all, sine three top, independent neurosurgeons want to remove 3 level ACDF fusion, fuse c3/4, do same at t1/2 ( no way-different incision cite and now I feel less is more, other than what I have to. I was told TOPS two months, as c3/4 affects breathing, yes!! They say prior fusion s success, but I have horrendous pain, better but always live with it.
    Reading up on spinalpakIi - can anyone say it is for non smoker, cervical with pain?
    I just cannot find it and seems like it indicates bone growth and should be used in lumbar/not ACDF. I had to use it 12 months. Thanks for the help