Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCARED car accident 8 months post op ACDF C5-6 C 6-7

frenchfriffrenchfri Posts: 325
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Recovering from Surgery
HI.I had 2 level ACDF on 12/9/2010. I was stopped waiting to make a turn when a Ford Explorer barreled into me (Nissan Altima) at 30 mph. I am so scared that there is now additional damage to my neck and or my fusion or plate and screws shifted. Spoke to OSS and since I am not having radiating pain down my arm or tingling in my fingers I am waiting to go to their office on Tuesday instead of emergency room. They can do x rays and MRI's in office. The muscle aches and spasms are killing me. Taking anti inflammatory and using TENS unit but afraid to take real meds and mask any pain that it occurring.Anyone else get into an accident and fine after being rear ended. I need some words of wisdoms and good thoughts. Thanks

• Hopefully nothing has gone wrong and you just have the normal aches and pains following a car accident. The one thing to keep in mind is that the hardware is really strong, and it is not likely to have any ill effects from the accident. Notice I said not likely, so I am glad you are following up with your doctor on Tuesday. I have seen many here have accidents following surgery and everything is okay. But I think we have a magnet in us for those accidents or something.
  • I appreciate your reply. I really feel and and trying to believe that everything that I am feeling is the same as anyone else. I am achy, sore and have muscle spasms and my arms feel weaker than prior to the accident, but I think that is too be expected. I do not have radiating pain or tingling in my arms or fingers. SO I feel that is a great sign. It was just such a scary situation. I did not brace myself because I did not see him coming at me because everyone else was driving on the shoulder to pass me on Main Street. From what I hear if I had braced myself it would have been much worse. Also thankful that the car that was ahead of me had just turned into the side street so I did not hit anyone in front of me. Some people are upset with me for not going to the ER to get checked out. I feel comfortable because I have spoke to the OSS. Hope I am not being foolish. I did contact both my and the other drivers ins company. Had a tough time getting the other ins company to accept full liability. Finaly did but can't get a car rental until Tuesday which is rough since I go back to work as a teacher on Tuesday. So now I am arranging a ride to work and a rental car by my school. Such a pain. Also have to find a friend to all pow my car to be in their garage until the auto body place opens up. Thank you for letting me ramble.l