Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Reminder - For Sorrow or For Strength

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Matters of the Heart
I was with a number of neighbors at a ceremony for Tennis and Golf players. I spoke with one elderly lady (84) who found out about my shoulder surgeries last year and my upcoming hip replacements this year.

All she did was go on and on about how bad this must all be, and that how can I deal with it all?

A valid question.

My response , and what my responses have been all along when people ask me this, is :

I am alive, kicking, talking, seeing and so much more. To me that is a very good start. Sure, I , like many of you have so many medical problems that its hard to keep positive.

We do and we must.

Every once in a while, I do get down when I hear people talking about "How bad it must be, How difficult it is, etc"
Sure, that can bring me down a notch. So, I just need to work a bit harder to climb up that ladder to an easier place.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I definitely needed this today. My nerve pain is kicking my rear This morning and thinking of going to walmart and finding a replacement ... Let's see tire iron , nah too short , broom handle , nah people would say I had a stick up my butt... Lol so much to choose from housewares . Have a good day!:)