Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

werid weird and weird

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,831
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Chronic Pain
went to my pharmacist to pick up compounded meds and he gives me this story that for compound meds, ddr has to fax a copy of the script in and one can't carry it in same day. he said he would tell my pain dr. asked my pain dr if pharmacist phoned him or has he heard about his new item from the dea. dr says no and has never heard from anyone about his or from the dea. i asked 2 guys at the pharmacy and both told me the same story, but dr never has heard of this new edict form dea
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.

• My Dr. has always called mine in since 2003. He told me that pharmacies were getting "tighter" on how they receive their scripts. A large part of it depends on where you go to pick up the meds as well. We only have one Pharmacy in the small town I live in, and they've added more procedures to get your meds than there used to be.
  • I only know that some of the drugs have to be filled within 24 hours when its a script. I had that hapen and i did not realise this and had to go back to my dr to get a new script because other 1 was void after 24 hours

Its only with some drugs that i guess they consider the serious stuff i guess you could say
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Was that for a refill Jon, or a called in script? I know a lot of places won't accept anything but a paper copy for either refills or new scripts, both in the states and up here too. I'm sure with the relationship you have with your pharmacist, it's nothing but a procedural change.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • In Florida (as of this week), the FDA (NOT THE DEA) mandated that only PM's can initially treat patients requiring schedule medications, and then the PM can decide if the "other" physician can then take them on as a pain patient.

Pharmacy... They now need the script faxed in *and* you bring your copy in. Sucks, but hey if it allows us who really need these medications to stay sane, I don't mind.

But I'll say it again... The DEA only enforces the Title 21 - the FDA are the rule makers... :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • In Oregon, I am not able to have the doctor call in or fax my pain medications. I must carry a paper prescription into the pharmacy, and I can only take it to the ONE pharmacy. If they are out of it, I need to wait till they get it, I can't fill it elsewhere.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • it was for my monthly supply for oxy. i talked to my pain dr and started on regular oxy and fenatyl lollipops not compounded ones. i have been going to this pharmacy for 10 years and there is always something with them. adios pharmacy and hola new one
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ..it used to be script needed to be handed to pharmacy within 24 hours. That is no longer the case.

And for regular meds..docs are faxing them..but scheduled drugs..I have to bring pharmacy the paper.. hard copy.

Everything so confusing and changes so quickly and changes again. Difficult to keep up.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

This discussion has been closed.