Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having memory problems

zigazziga Posts: 143
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Lighten and Brighten

I wish we could come out with ideas for those of us that have memory problems, be it for medication, anxiety, depression, ptsd, change in mobility, surgeries that did not meet our expectations.

One thing I am trying to do again is have a journal and try to design goals for the next day. Wouldn't it be nice to have memory games in the web page?

Maybe we could also create an area where we right our goals and hoe we are accomplishing them.

Also I was thinking, maybe is already here and I haven't seen it an area of what we have accomplish. what we have surpassed and how. An area of inspirational movies, and stories of spinys that have manage to heal.

I read in the page of ------- forgot the name, superman, there is a young woman that felt from a 6 floor, she had a lot of surgeries in her neck ribs, I think also her lumbars, but she says nobody is gonna stop this dancer. She has been a motivation.

Have a beautiful night. I thank all the friends I have that have supported me in this process. Is true that sometimes I wish I had a husband or boyfriend who would share with me and help me through this process. For those of you that have a companion, I guess we could dedicate them a space in the forum, just to express our thanks.

I excuse myself is this is already been said and I am wasting your time.

Good night,

• Try crossword puzzles, sudoku, learn to play bridge, just try stimulating the mind, and absolutely the pain meds, Xanax, Valium and all the other stuff wreak havoc on your memory. Also part of the natural aging process. Don't know how old you are but if you are under 50, I am guessing it's the meds that are screwing you up, but if you change drugs, you may find improvement. Talk to a neurologist (neurosurg) sand have the doctor do the 10 question memory test on you. My husband thought I was losing the short term and surprise, passed the test with 100% correct answers. Boy did that make me feel good and told him, maybe it's him with the problems. Lol
    Good luck...at a mi I um it will give you price of mind or there are meds that can help if there are real probes that if you catch it early have excellent succession stopping the progression of the memory loss. Just my take on the situation.

• Thanks rascal!

I just noticed that there is an area where people put inspirational stories! Ups O:)
  • I know how you feel. It happens all the time to me. My mind keeps going on vacation without me!LOL! It's so frustrating but I try to laugh about it. Sometimes I think part of it is the pain keeps us distracted plus we try to multi-task so much these days that we keep our minds overwhelmed.

Good luck with finding ideas to help you.