Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recovery from c5 c6

zigazziga Posts: 143
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I don't understand why I have tingling sensation in my left hand after surgery which it had already resolve before surgery, it happens more when using the phone with that arm. I also don't understand why I can not sit down for a long time without pain and why my left shoulder blade feels as someone put an injection. If I lay down on my belly to read a book pain goes up my head and shoulders.

I had pain in my arms before surgery but it did not stop me from doing things (it was not a tingling sensation). Right now I get exhausted with pain and deciphering how to move with the new ROM. How to wash the dishes and move around, looking for something in the fridge and other stuff as hugging, cleaning. I feel bad telling this because I have just one level fusion and 300 emotional situations and a lot of you have more levels.

I went to the doctor and he said that there is no anatomical explanation. So I am trying to manage pain, go to a class, and trying to find work.

My pinky finger of my left hand sometimes feels as a lazy finger, I had this before surgery and now I think it comes from spasm. Sometimes I feel this is such a mystery.

My neck still hurts after surgery it did not hurt before and when I get emotional and start speaking and moving is so strange and then painful.

The doctor told me not to have another mri.

I am dealing with wanting to move forward but instead I look backwards. How I could sit down on the floor comfortable for a long period of time.

I just want to know if any one of you feels that your life change and when you go for example to the movies, the smell of popcorn and the place draw you back to the past and when you see your present you feel sad.

So for a time it's been difficult to go out and do things because they remind me of a time I felt better before surgery. My life have crumble in so man aspects that I still don't understand. I also feel a lump in the throat.

Well just want to tell you that I'll keep a log to exercise, walk or swim at least five days a week and try to have a forward head to see if it helps.

Right now head pain and shoulder pain growing as I write. Also have a lot of pupping in my neck. My eyes get little at night because of pain.

I just think my surgeon mistake my medication side effects with myelopathy. He accepts now that a lot of what I had could have been the medicines.

Thanks for listening,