Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9-11 Personal contact.....Impressions/Feelings...:(

Aviatrix36440Aviatrix36440 Posts: 5,904
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Matters of the Heart
For those who don't know me, [starting to tear up...] "9-11" is really hard. I use to live in NY, flew helicopter charters for (umm) some big wigs, landing on the top of the south tower. And too friends that worked in the towers (and died)...sorry, crying....

Okay, trying to compose feelings/emotions here... I had to go TDY (Temp. Duty)as a supervisor every two weeks for 17 day hitches for airspace security, site security, site (body) search etc. A smell many/most of us on the "pile" (left overs of the towers) will never forget. The only respect (yeah you will think I am nuts considering....) respect I give to the terrorists (fellow military types will get this), is they were willing to lose their lives for their beliefs. Beyond that, I HATE those ass holes that messed up our trust and security in the US.

Each time the TV (media) brings up "documentaries" to cover the "10 year anniversary my little tear ducts start getting wet... Sorry, just a really hard time with this right now.

My main focus folks.... Whether you lost someone or not. Just realize *anyone* can be "capped" (shot...sorry law enforcement term) anywhere, and terrorists the same. Hell, I still remember those damn towers being built in the 70's!!! - the boo-boo about the windows and them blowing out...hehehe...sniff. 911 is not about NY or the Pentagon, but about "US" ( or Hell, any country) as a people realizing shit can happen, and to protect our friends and family. Thanks for listening, back to my sniffling corner...forget surgery, this ("date") is a bugger for me..thanks for reading... :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.

• I guess another reason my "sensitive" side is so sensitive? Personal contact, personal friends, and then....dealing with that CRAP those cowards left behind????

Until I retired, I had to go to NY or DC to control (yeah, I was the trigger puller for suspect aircraft to "that" other agency, then scrambled mine) airspace security and monitoring...hell (hehe..) we (I) saw more than FAA ATC radar did!!!

I guess (on a personal note) aside from living up there and my now former professional association with "the towers" etc.... I prior to my LEO career, flew as a commercial pilot daily through NY amongst other areas of the US. hehe... I use to take naps (between runs) in the Kennedy tower below the console!!! Of course, not allowed in todays timeline, but back then, worked great after a controller knew you.

Any who... obviously for the last 9 years I had emotional feelings... "10th year anny" kind of changes the tone? Duno... At any rate, regardless of country, these mutts are out there. Be careful, be safe all!!!

• I`ve been watching the 10 year anniversary of last calls from people in the towers and from the planes. It`s all too sad and couldn`t even bare to listen again to some of the calls and it`s heart breaking. I remember getting off the night-shift and come home and watched CNN and called all my family and friends saying I loved them because we never know. I had to move out of my tall apartment due to fears of that terrible day that affected everyone. they`re calling this the decade of fear because of that earth shaking day. We will remember and pray. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sadly, I was "privy" to a lot of lets say... recordings of "stuff" as this all evolved. I (looking at me as Joe person) was in total "what the F" mode - I was in TX when this happened that nasty Tuesday...

I was assigned for jet refresher, and since "not all information" was out there, we were left to finish (2 day course). Once we went to leave, the airlines kept canceling the flights... When (Delta) saw we where armed, the flight was continued!! (G) Oh, hehe... yes we where put in first class!

I had to do a lot of airspace security and searches via helicopter after this mess when I returned. It was kind of creepy to as Miami center at 6am (normal high time)... "Mia central, are you there?" "Yes ma'am',,,'Thank you just checking radios are good. Anyone else up?" "No ma'am restrictions still in place....just you.," Humm.... okay dokay, thanks... I was weird!!

• Brenda you are a hero to me. Someone who continued to do their job right after the world as we know it had come crashing down. I refuse to allow the fear to control my life, after all that is what they wanted.

When you consider life you will realize that every day is precious and any moment could be your last. Whether by illness, old age, violence or accident we will all die some day. It's not how we die that matters, it's how we lived :)
  • we were watching the tv .and we got a phone call from a friend telling us to turn the news channel on .OMG !!! kath and i just looked at the tv and we could not believe what we were seeing .it was like watching a Harrison ford movie ...unfortunately if was for real .we wont ever forget that day .and i can't even imagine what you guys went through especially if you lost some one .our thought are with anyone that lost anyone on that fateful day
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I can't believe it's been 10 years since that sad day. I was a freshmen in high school, in math class when I found out the pentagon had been hit. Lots of parents came and got their kids. We didn't do anything that day except watch the television in all of my classes... Except German. My teacher tried to have class as normal. Very sad time.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Kris,

Far from a hero, just did what I had to do. I know "shock" held me still for a while, as I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing! The emotions in the office were all over the chart! I was amazed at how fast the guys got in gear and ready to go. I was so impressed.

The "good thing about death, is it is painless!" I forgot who this quote came from, but it is so true. Yes, knowing that death can come in an instant, yes *most* times I too try to make the best I can out of all.. :)

• As I mentioned I was at my jet refresher training. I was in my hotel room, the TV volume was down. I brushed my teeth, came out and saw on CNN one tower smoking. At first I thought it was some kind of movie they were advertising. Then I saw "LIVE" in the upper right hand corner - turned up the volume and the second plane hit!

The sad part is animals like this are affecting so many different countries and peoples. They are like the smugglers I use to go after - catch one and two take their place!!

• Donna,

Yeah, nodding head - 10 years! And it still hurts about the same, at least to me. They showed a satellite of the finished monument where the towers once stood. Not too bad now that it is finished. :)

When my partner and I found we were stuck in Texas, we finished our refresher training and simulator flight schedule. In agreement with your German teachers actions; mentally that helped us...

• >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< for you and all in all our forces the had to endure much more that what we all saw on tv..and all you had to do after for long time i'm sure.
    for me i was enjoying my son he was just baby and my older boy had just came stay with us for a bit..i'm glad i had him there with me i couldn't even hold my baby i was shaking in horror.
    also i got a call from my sister she thought her hubby was on that flight..we found out no was just a flight ahead but we couldn't reach him at his hotel nor his meetings nobody in company had seen him..
    here to find out he had a heart attack and he didn't make it...so for days we were in limbo as so many were not knowing were loved one the worst feeling...
    so for me besides feeling the lost all of us felt we lost a great man..not due to 9/11 terror but a loss still.
    i'm hear for you hun if you just want to keep busy tonight or tomorrow or anytime i will keep cking for you in chat...
    i just can't imagine how you got thru that time and recover from the voices you heard and i do also think of you and all those people who helped out as heroes. so many people were lucky to have you around..
    and we are glad your still here and even tho your going thru such pain and many more challenges the career you had was amazing...and i'm looking for your book lady
    hugs hugs hugs
    you have to keep yourself talking thru out all the media coverage your going to see all this wk and next and tomorrow ..
    lets meet in chat sooon
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • God bless all"
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    You are in my thoughts and prayers today.
    And you are a hero to me, too.
    And yes...God bless all!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• *HUGZ* back to ya woman!! :) Sorry about your brother in law. Yeah what a day that was for sure, and the 'nerves' still irritated over the whole deal! Hubby won't let me watch TV short of travel channel or QVC...too emotional over the 'anniversary' programs.

It was sad too, as when I woke up the first thing I asked him... "Nothing happened right?" So far all is quiet... Stay safe all!!!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    I posted to my team that even though I would love to post here, I really can not. I need to follow forum rules about not getting involved with politics or religion.

In simple words, all I want to say is we all need to

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com