Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New, here to learn, lend a helping hand & hopefully have a few in return

faith4lifeffaith4life Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone.
Have heard of SH for years & thought its about time stopped by.
Like many I have DDD, a couple herniation's, fusion & nerve pain. This may change with my next stop being at a new Rhuematolgist. I'd rather keep the list on the short side.
I can see I have a lot of exploring to do & hope to lend a helping hand a long the way.

I live in the northern part of the US where the weather is not always friendly. Have a fear of new doctors which I'm working hard on conquering. Never thought I'd be in these shoes. Always on the go & always finding something to do.

Now I'm happy to complete a job such as cleaning out my car. Which is on my long list of things to do.
God bless & looking forward to getting to know you all.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you are here with us!! so you have a small fear of new doctor's.. you will have to conquesr that one with the problems you have!! i wish you the best on your next doctor appointment.. i hope you get some results you can use! it is hard if you have been a person on the go to suddenly become so immobile!! little things become big things i know!! it is amazing what can make us proud now!! LOL!!! stop by the forum anytime!! there is always someone home! Jenny :)
  • I would like to thank you for welcoming me in this forum. I am glad that we have a website that will help people to learn more about their health issues. i am one of those people who spend money and time and not enough information to fully understand how we get back aches and why we should keep on searching for more knowledge to learn how to cope up with this illness.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    You are so right...a big part of spinal issues and its limitations is learning to accept the "new you".
    This is a great site ... info and supportive people...willing to walk alongside you as you learn more about your condition and your response to it.
    Doctor appointments can seem difficult..but so necessary. I always try to explain all I am experiencing to the doc. Even if it seems minor, it could be info that clarifies something in doc's mind.
    So good that you are facing that fear and going to appointment!

You listed some of your issues and they may change with your doc appointment. Keep in touch...would love to hear how you did.
    Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thanks I appreciate the welcome. Means a lot to me.
    Looking forward to getting the know SH & others.
    The fear of doctors...Working on it, hard for me. Only since my chronic pain.
    God bless & hoping something makes you smile today.