Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Do you ever feel weird sensations on the good leg???

oc714ooc714 Posts: 54
I've been dealing with Right leg Sciatica for 4 wks and I'm not sure if it's one of the side effects from the medication I'm taking but my left started feeling weird sensations. Or marbe because it's doing most of the work when I walk. It feels like a cold sensation or a type of weakness but it has full strenght. Or maybe I just get freaked out of everything.
advertisement

Comments

• I've got one disc bulging/protruding on the left side, and one on the right. I've got the sciatic pain down left leg and hip. I'm starting to get pain too on my "good" left, the right one, around buttock and hip. Not sure on yours - could be something else going on 4 weeks- what medicine are you taking? How old are you?
  • I just started taking a medrol pack on my 3rd day. They only have me on steroids with Vicodin when needed for pain. I was taking Norco about 3 days and Lyrica for about 2 days and Flexeril for about 2 weeks. But all have been stopped. The test the Dr have done said the good leg is fine. I only feel the weird sensation somedays.
  • Maybe try to walk and move 'normally', not limp around, even if it means slowing down. Otherwise you strain your other leg (and back) elsewhere...
  • I'm taking smaller steps as I'm used to walking fast but the good leg feels the same the neuro said it's spasm. I'm just concerned that Sciatica might happen to the left. I'm still not able to walk with out the severe calf paina nd ankle not sure how much more I can take. I am exhausted I wake up stiff and having a hard time sleeping.
  • Some people get sciatica in both legs, depending on where the disc protudes and touches the nerve. And a same problem can cause lots of different weird sensations, so what you occasionally feel in the good leg might be linked to what causes sciatica in your other leg. I doubt that medications play a role in this. But that's a guess.

I can hardly walk myself, my sciatica has been deteriorating (with ups and downs) for over six months now. I'm due for another MRI to see if the disc has bulged further. Anyway, one thing I've noticed is that waking up stiff is a bad sign. A bad mattress or bad sleeping position might be flexing your spine the wrong way (the right way depends on how your disc bulges) and could make your sciatica worse.

I try to sleep on my front (to avoid if neck problem!) or, if laying on my back, prop a flat pillow under my waiste to prevent the curve of my spine slouching in the wrong direction, no pillow for my head. Also I 'warm up' before getting up.

If your sleeping arrangement isn't the reason why you wake up stiff, then maybe look at what you've done the day before. Sitting, driving, bending forward etc, any of these you do too much or badly can go against healing. Try practicing appropriate exercises or stretching (short frequent sessions), you need a routine that works for you so start gently, you might also find these sessions relaxing and helping you to sleep.

Basically, our bodies tend to try to heal and we must work with them, not against them. It can take time...
  • I will take that into consideration hopefully i get some relief from tomorrow's ESI. I talked to my hubby i think I need a firm matress.
advertisement