Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Posterior disc bulging L4 L5 level

cooolccoool Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:56 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all,

I am 26 and a software engineer. From last 3 weeks there is tingling in my legs and have pain in lower thigh muscles. So, after taking some drugs by consulting a very good neurosurgeon, I went for MRI and had the following findings.

- Posterior disc bulging L4 L5 level crushing indentation on thecal sac and descending nerve roots
- Mild facetal arthopathy seen at lower lumbar region

Doctor said pain would be gone after 7-10 days of full bad rest and then my physio said it would fully be recovered after 3 months with proper exercise.

Now, after 10 days of complete bad rest, I don't feel tingling except I bent down with wrong angle accidentally and some weakness in legs. But the problem is when I sit on chair, I keep feeling some back pain though I can bare it easily for 1-2 hours. Is it normal?

Can I know how much time will it take for complete healing? I know this is slow process but very curious about physio's opinion on forums.

Thanks in advance
advertisement

Comments

• Ok recently, pain has gone so I have started mild Physio exercise but after that I started feeling pain in my left leg. Should I do exercise or just wait for the right time? How can I decide the right time, oh God? Moreover, my Physio is also on long holiday so I am unable to contact him.

I would be very thankful if anyone share his opinion/experience.
  • Sounds like you already tried the resting part and all you can do for now is try to work it out with the right form of exercise. In many cases it resolves itself when its not real bad and if you can work it out by either them sending you to pt or you do it on your own.

You know even when you get a litle beter this is a red flag for you to be aware this can come back and get worse . Last thing you want is surgery. They need you to do all the conservative treatments them knowing surgery is high risk in any surgery,

Spine is so complicated there is never an easy fix. Best fix is if you are able to resolve it and manage your pain by geting rid of it in many cases with the pt that the dr recomends.

Its worth doing all the alternarive treatments because once you have spine surgery sometimes it changes everything and have even more serious issues after surgery in many of our cases.

If you read across the board you will find many people with many complications after surgery. So its not as simple as going to the dentist having a tooth pulled,

Good luck and keep us posted,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Well definitely I am not going for surgery as according to MRI it's not severe. I do have pain but it's completely bearable. Some day, I don't have it but when I do Physio exercise, it starts again but mostly after 5-6 hours it goes away. What my real concern here is - does physio exercise cause pain? If it cause pain but necessary for recovery then I would be more than happy to do so.
  • I don't think PT should cause 5-6 hours pain. I would go to another physio or try to figure out which exercises stretches etc are causing you symptoms. Just my opinion. PT should make you feel better and more functional.
  • Ok. I would try to do so. Btw, I have one another question. Is it required to keep your spine is good shape not matter whether you feel pain or not? Because when I use Ergonomics chair it hurts my back.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.