Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

not sure if pulled something for sures not right

starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Lower Back Pain
hi spineys,
Yesterday i did my pool exercises did some errands and did grocery shopping (which normally i don't do)i went in for few things but my mom need things (this store my hubby will not go to)so i was in pain just about 6 not bad day for me.
well day before was walking and felt stabbing pain in different area of lower back. ok so i get home went down to basement freezer put few things in ...saw load of wash i grabbed basket to put in (again my hubby does wash)and stab stab scream scream..i crawled up few stairs and my (87 yr old)came wheeling in back room and well glad she was there she helped me onto recliner and got some ice packs (mom lives with us)i never let her see me on my bad days...but today i couldnt stop screaming it was bad...i'm still feeling this pain its way left closer to hip bone and the pain is same down to thigh..
i have called my ortho doc who did my surgery (he's outta town)but they are trying to reach him when things get really bad he either tries me on muscle relaxer or direct admits me to hospital. i have had way to many bad experiences in my hospital er for other things...I can't sit so waiting there is just not option.
i just don't know what this could be..
if i try to walk any pressure i put on left foot/leg is off the charts with pain.
this feeling is same i had before surgery...
any ideas?? opinions?? i guess i also just needed to vent scream...i have some norco and did take but as perscribed is one every 4 to 6 hrs...
if you were me would you hold out till my appt. which is monday..or go to er?? thanks all who read pain is 8 after taking the norco
thanks all
mary :''( :''( :''( :''( :''( :''(
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I can't say which is best for you to do as far as waiting or going to ER, but I am really sorry to hear you are still suffering so badly. I was hoping the pain would be at least a little bit easier today. There is always that 'one more job' we think we will get away with doing, but wish we hadn't attempted.
    Hoping things get better very soon Mary tc

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Sounds like what i have every other day when nerve flares up cant put any pressure on left leg. I would just rest mary and take it easy. I dont think its serious to where you need to go to er in my opinion.

These issues seem to come when fused as you are at same l4l5. Unless pain gets worse i would not over worry,

Has pain got worse after mom moved in? I heard usualy when moms move in with there children pain goes to the moon. Git-ir-done Hope you feel beter,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • alex i did something other day that cause this type of pain..its not same as your nerve pain.this is like something popped I just never had this pain in this area close to my hip. so that is what is scarey...and tonight its getting worse.no pain med is helping at all.

oh oh and by the way you met my mom and when you did I think you promised you were gonna come take her out for dinner to give me a break she's 87 and she has a great memory...really she does say he was such nice man and he looked like he was in so much pain that poor fella....haha i said well i hope he calls you soon maybe i can drive you out to his place for a nice long visit...ty alex
    but this is not nerve pain but ty for your concern
    NOW come over and carry me to the hospital and then you can care for mom while i'm gone ok??
    thanks again liz oh I tried the tea tree oil not helping with this pain but with my arms and other leg i do feel not as achey in am so ty..
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Mary,

I know when my C6/7 went, I was able to get in with my surgeon the next day...Had that not happened, I would have gone to the ER as my body "knew" something bad was going on. It was not the 'overdue' nerve pain flare.

I hope you have answers and too are feeling better soon. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Sorry that you are having so much pain. If you decided against the ER, I hope that your pain settles down for you overnight.

Hope that your doctor's office is able to get a hold of him, to see what he has to say. Do you have a PM doc or another that prescribes your meds for you or is that your ortho?

Have you tried ice/heat/tens to try to ease any of the pain until you can get in to see a doctor? Monday is quite a ways away, if it does not get any better for you or hear from your ortho by tomorrow, would you consider ER?

gentle >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
This discussion has been closed.