Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Broken Mechanic looking for help

BrokenMechanicBBrokenMechanic Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in New Member Introductions
Just found these forums today and am pretty excited. Finally some people I can talk to that understand where I am coming from.

About a year and a half ago I was diagnosed with DDD in between 5 discs, and I was 25 at the time. My doctor restricted back what I was able to do at work and I promptly lost my job. I filed a claim with LnI, they denied it of course stating that it was perfectly normal for me to have DDD as bad as I did at my age. I am fighting them on this, but until then I can no seek treatment other then pain management. When I lost my job, I lost my insurance.

I am currently taking a 30mg morphine tablet every 12 hours and I take 3 7.5/350 percocets. I also use a TENS unit, a heating pad, a ice bag, and have my wife stretch me nightly trying to get the pain under control. Nothings working. I am going into see my doctor tomorrow to hopefully get a cortisone shot and talk about raising the dosage of my meds. I hate taking all these opiates, as I have seen first hand what they can do to people but I just cant take the pain anymore.

Thanks for listing
The Broken Mechanic

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you suopport and answer what questions we can. atleast you still have pain management! it may not seem like much but it is getting you by at the moment. you are doing alot of good things for yourself and all i can say is hang in there!! taking meds is not the ideal situation but where would we be without them? stretching is so important and to have your wife's support is just wonderful.. please stop by the forum anytime! good luck with your doctor's appointment.. Jenny :)
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    ..totally unbelievable that you would be turned.
    Just reading the meds your on, someone should realize that is not normal..and esp not for someone your age.

I can understand concern about taking meds..but for now..you are under doc's care and it helps to be able to communicate and get a handle on "what just happened to my life?"

It's not easy jumping through the hoops..but taking care of yourself in all areas is most important.

You're not alone. Keep in touch!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Welcome to the group! You have come to the right place, as we understand. Sorry that you were denied lnl, not sure what that is either...workers comp?

You are on two of the same meds as I am. Unfortunately over the last year, I have had to increase my dosage twice. Were you able to see a spine fellowship trained orthopedic or neurosurgeon before you lost your insurance? Do you know if you were a surgical candidate?

Wish you all the best at your appointment. Hope that you are able to get an ESI and that it is helpful.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

>:D< Karen

>:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012