Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Habits - We all have them

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Matters of the Heart
I've been reading the posts in the thread http://www.spine-health.com/forum/chronic-pain/words-can-cut-a-knife#new and it got me thinking about the various habits people pick up, good or bad.

Some to think and post about:

- Drinking
- Smoking
- Illegal Drugs (ok, I dont want anyone to expose themselves)
- Lying
- Not facing the truth
- Eating (Too much or Too little)
- Abusing Medications
- Taking center stage (not allowing others to talk)
- etc

The list goes on and on. I know for years, one of my biggest bad habits was denial, not facing the truth about my spinal
condition. Heck, I was only 28, first surgery and after a year or so I felt good. So, instead of doing what I should have been doing, I played abit of Russian roulette. And I know I lost most of the time.

This post is not really intended to be used so that you can broadcast your habits, but instead, this can be used to talk about how habits can impact your daily lives.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I think this is a good thread you have started. It is good to look internally once in awhile. Maybe more often. LOL.

I think my worst habit is/was being too IMPULSIVE. Although many of my habits or inclinations may seem trivial, being impulsive is probably what started my back/neck decline. In my younger days, I never used to think about "what if." Although most of these things would seem harmless, my abilty was short circuited when I dove into something recklessly. I dove off a high ladder on a dare into a quarry. Did okay on that one. I smoked way too much. Gave that up in 1985. I always did things way too fast and without much thought. Thank God, that most of these things were not like walking through fire. Now that I am in the shape I am in, and perhaps a little wiser, come age; I give pause to my thinking on most occasions. I still need to stop and think sometimes when I get ahead of myself.