Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pre op w/ doc yesterday and 6 days to go....

wildfire_101wwildfire_101 Posts: 68
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I already have a post on here that is on the 2nd page of the most recent one's but thought I'd just write a new one pertaining to what is going on now and is new...figured this would be much easier and then this one wouldn't have to be so long...lol anyway had the L5-S1 fusion in Dec. 2010 and a bad knee surgery in April 08'....If you want to know the whole "situation" then just read the other post, if you'd like...

But i am getting ready to go in for a right knee surgery and yes it is arthroscopic but they are going to do some repairs to some cartilage problems and then go look around b/c I am having some horrible knee pain and something is wrong with the top of my calf muscle as well...After talking with the doctor yesterday he is going to keep me in the hospital for a few b/c of the 2 things i mentioned in the 1st paragraph...

Then after my hospital stay they are possibly thinking about putting me into a rehab hospital until i can do certain things on my own and have some major PT done to while i am there...Working on the knee i just surgery on and continuing with my back therapy as well..which had to be put on hold until after this surgery is done...

I have to go register with the hospital on this up coming Tuesday and get my blood work done and all that fun stuff...then Thursday is D-Day as i put it...lol But I'll keep you posted on how things are going, hopefully this won't mess with my back in anyway.. I already have enough pain i definitely don't need to add to the mix...but there is the update and when new news comes in I'll let ya know...