Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How serious is my MRI Report and please explain what is the problem in general terms

mazic11mmazic11 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi I am 29/M years old and suffering from neck pain from past 3years and recently visited the doctor and advised for MRI scan report. Please find my detailed MRI report and explain me what is the exact problem in general terms and what are the precautions and exercises for improvement.

What is the exact problem and is there any parmanent cure for this

1. T1 weighted and T2 weighted axials / sagittals.
2. T2 weighted sagittal screening of the whole spine.

Mild diffuse posterior disc bulge with a small right paracentral disc-osteophyte complex is seen at C5-6 level indenting the thecal sac. Mild right laterl recess narrowing is seen at this level without significant nerver root indentation.

small anterior osteophytes are seen from C3-4 to C5-6 levels.

The remaining intervertebral discs appear normal. They do not show any significant bulge/ prostrusion.

The vertebral bodies and their posterior neural arches are normal in configurations and marrow signal intensities. The CV junction and Atlanto-axial joints appears normal.

AP diameters of the Cental spinal canal in cms are as follows:

C2 1.91
C3 1.51
C4 1.40
C5 1.34
C6 1.34
C7 1.41

The cervical spinal cord appears normal in size and signal intensities. No evidence of intramedullary / extradural / intradural space occupying lesion seen. The Paraspinal soft tissues are normal.

T2 Weighted sagittal screening of the whole spine.

Sacralization of L5 vertebra noted. Mild posterior disc bulge is seen at L4-5 level without significat neural compromise. No significant abnormality is seen in the thoracic spine.The dorsal spinal cord, conus medullaris and cauda equina nerve roots appear normal in size and singal intensity.

• We are not allowed to give any interpritations of mri or other reports. Many of us have seen enough of them to know what they mean, but the rules of this site forbid it.

This is for the best, for all you know I could be a garbage collector, is that who you would want to read your mri report.lol

I would however like to welcome you to this site and suggest that you look around. There are many doctor written articles to read that could give you a good idea what your scan means in laymans terms.

We will help with our experiences as much as allowed. We are here to listen and to help.
  • Hi and welcome, We are not able to give you medical advise such as what your mri says and what it means. Your dr will explain the findings of your mri to you and what he feels is the best option in your situation!

Even most dr,s sometimes dont agree after looking at the mri of what the real issue is but always worth having more then 1 opinion. Especialy if 1 wants to do surgery and other one might not agree.

Once you find out what your dr says is wrong and you need to talk to anyone who had that kind of issue here will help them respond back to you how they handled there situation.

You have to remember we are not dr,s just spine patients ourself,

Gary: Are you saying garbage collector cant read mri? Maybe he collecting garbage while puting himself through medical school,

I think my dr was actualy a butcher cause he sure the heck butchered up my adr surgery, Git-ir-done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,