Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Routine PM appointment today

tkdanttkdan Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Pain Management
and I do not feel like I'm getting close to enough relief from current management techniques. Not that I do not have some good days, it is just that on bad days nothing seems to help. At my last appointment I told them this and they basically listened and offered no solution. I'm still suffering from headaches everytime my neck pain increases. I do not see surgery as being possible anytime soon. I just want to have a more productive life, you know where the pain does not dictate the kind of day I will have. I guess most of us here would like that.

• Have you been checked out by your Family Dr? You should get a routine physical and make sure the headaches aren't caused by something else. Hope you're doing alright. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    When you go to the Dr. and tell them your pain is not controlled and your not getting the help you need then you need to try something else. Start a pain journal, keep track of the pain and the levels of pain for a month. That way when you talk to your Dr you can show them how much you are affected and how your pain is not controlled. Ask about procedures that might help, dont say you need more meds that is a red flag to a doctor. Ask if there would be another medicine that would help. You have to speak-up, be assertive explain that you need help. Show him the journal and ask for suggestions. Good luck
  • Turned out not to be so routine. Found out my PM Dr is retiring. So Charry now I will be going to my family Dr to get a referral to a new PM Dr. I guess I could get a physical as well. Good advice.
    Susan, thanks for the advice. I do need to keep some type of record so that I can better communicate what is actually going on.
    Now the fun of finding a PM Dr that is in network.