Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

health insurance

blazerblazer Posts: 784
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Oops, forgot to ask for some info.

I can no longer afford to pay for insurance for my daughter and me, cant risk not making the rent payment on time for this apartment.

So i submitted for my health ins. thru the V.A., and in 3 weeks got the letter from them telling me i am now covered thru the V.A. and got my veterans i.d. card.
So now my daughter any thing in particular i should concentrate on while shopping for a health ins. policy for her. She is 18 y/o, and in junior college.

While i know the policy wont be as good as i currently have thru my employer, i cant afford paying the payments for "cobra" anymore. And i wont dare risk letting her go uninsured.
I've had insurance my whole life but never had to shop fpr it, was always thru the military, then thru my employer.

I also for the 1st time in my adult life had to cancel my life ins. policy due to the money situation.

It's always something,is'nt it. No rest for the weary.

Thanks in advance.
advertisement

Comments

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    If your daughter is a healthy child I would consider buying the insurance that covers only emergencies. Also since she is still in school so she should be able to buy a policy thru the school at a decent rate. There are alot of options for a healthy young adult.
    Susan
  • Hi and thanks.

I did look at her schools website and was directed to a website www. american college student assoc.
    It looks like i can get her health ins. there at a good rate while she is in school.

That will give me a couple of years to see how rest of this pans out.

Thanks again.