Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

patch causing lack of sleep

nurselynnaiennurselynnaie Posts: 167
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Pain Medications
Hi everyone, I started on the patch last week and I have not been able to sleep up every two hours or so, the patch is not very good for the pain, I think I got more relief from the narco I took before I started it. I am sure this could be a reason, I am exhausted and in pain, any ideas til I go back to the doctor on the 13th of Oct? I swear I am always looking for pain relief with injections new meds ect then when they don't work I say to myself Sheryl just leave it alone at least you can function now your all screwed up lol ..
Thanks for all the help

• Hi. Which patch are you refering to? There is more then 1 kind. If you refering to the fantynal patch. I am using the patch but i can also take the norco along with it which i do and i been sleeping much beter then before,

I am on the low dose of 25 mc which dont totaly stop the pain but i can increase it taking the norco few times a day with it,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I am on the fentynal patch 25 mcg, they told me not to take the narco with it, It just does not seem to be working and I am not sleeping, the pain sucks. I thought for half a day the injections might of worked, but after the medication from getting the injections wore off it has been horrible.
    I will call the doctor today and ask about taking the Narco with it, maybe they just wanted to see if it worked and is why they told me not to, my mom scared me by saying that taking them together could make you act crazy lol and right now I feel crazy enough
  • Yes i understand, i akways worry also to make sure its ok to take what medication with what . I was clearly told yes taking norco is fine with that patch. They started me off on the 50 mc at first but i was itching so we lowered it to the 25 mc which will not get to the pain too much.

By only taking the lower dose of the patch i can control at least when i need to ad a norco with it. Usualy when i take 1 after i had patch on for a while i feel it helps some.

Mostly it helps the mechanical pain, not so much the nerve pain which is causing me the most serious issues.

But yes they told me norco is ok with patch. Many people are on much higher dose of this patch and still take something along for the break through pain as they say i guess.

Valium is the only med that i take sometimes for the break through nerve pain which dr did say be careful with the valium while on the patch
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,