Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone recommend/or happy they decided to have their hardware removed???

MLT01MMLT01 Posts: 172
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello Everyone,

going to make a decision in the months to come to have my hardware removed ....I'm in allot of pain right now!!!! I'm in PT...I trying to figure if the pain is due from being out alignment in my hip/pelvic...I have EXTREAM PRESSURE in my back and legs when sitting ,walking,standing,bending ect. Not sure what to do!!

My fusion L4-L5 is SOLID!!!! :)

• Have you had a hardware block done to see if its the hardware thats causing the pain?

After i was fused back of my legs had a lot of pressure so we tested to see if hardware might be the cause. Hardware block test showed lot of the pressure was from the hardware.

Because i was going to have surgery anyways to do a lami above the fusion, they took out the hardware while they were in there. It helped a litle with pressure but i still have some pain in the back of the legs,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I have had the hardware block and it helped a ton. I am still nervous about making a decision on having it removed tho. I too would appreciate any feedback from those who have had it done. Also recovery time. Dr says a week or two.
  • I had mine removed 5 weeks ago, but it was because I was infected. I was also told 2 weeks recovery but the PT in hospital said that 3-4 weeks is more realistic. As my hardware was loose due to infection and I have to recover from that I will be off work for another 4 weeks yet at least.

I am still having the same pain I had before. Not the pain I had during an infection "flare up" but the pain that I developed between my April flare and the August flare. I had hoped that this pain was caused by the loose hardware and would be long gone by now but it is not! I did have PT during the summer because of this pain and my PT said that the area I was pointing to was my pelvis/SI area so maybe I still have something else going on. I have to wait and see I guess.

Good luck, I hope you find some relief.