Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Countdown ends, Wednesday coming fast.........

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Okay, WOW, Emotions are nuts for sure :''(
I know everything will be okay, but I feel like a lot of my freedom will be taken from me for awhile. I understand that this is normal, just so many things running through my mind.

We are 3 hours from where I am getting the surgery so I will be staying in Albany tomorrow evening. Not sure what time sugrey is, but I was told it will be very early, first thing in the morning. I will be able to chat pretty much up uuntil tomorrow. I will for sure get on here after when I get home, and let all of you know how I am doing.

My main concern is the feeling of all the drugs 8} . They make me sick, and very out of it!!!! I am scared, but soooooooooooo glad I have all of you. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

• Hey,I'll be thinking of you today! I hope your surgery goes great and your recovery is fast!!! Of course you know, we at SH, are cheering and praying for you!!! You'll be on the otherwise real soon. Don't worry about anything. You'll do great!! I'm sending gentle hugs, Brenda C.
  • I know that there are a few others that are having surgery right around the same time as me :) .

I will for sure be back for support, and of course encouragement!!!!!!!! You know, I never did get one thing for being "prepared". LOL
  • Good luck to you,, you will do fine, Just dont drink the hospital water, Git-ir-done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Sending you good vibes! You are going to do great!! Relax and try not to worry too much, we are all going to be here for you.
    Take care
  • Sending you good vibes! You are going to do great!! Relax and try not to worry too much, we are all going to be here for you.
    Take care
  • wwlady's duplicate posts reminds me of the scenes in Airplane! where twice, Leslie Nielsen opens the door of the plane's cockpit and tells Stryker and Elaine: "I just want to wish you both goodluck. We're all counting on you." Do remember that?

LOL Anyways, good luck Heidi! I will be thinking about ya and wishing ya a great outcome. Man, I'm gonna be nervous waiting for the update.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Wishing you all the best Heidi. You have your cheering section here on spine health. Will be thinking of you, and watching for your posts from the other side, when you are able.

I'm sure your husband will pick up your "must haves" for when you come home.

Big but gentle >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • I have been crying here, and there today. Emotions just welled up I think?! Okay, who cried their eyes out before surgery? Am I just a big 'ole baby? :S

Yes, we will get what I need as we go along. My husband has to be back home (here, 3 hours from the hospital) on FRIDAY for 11 am! Okay, hmmmm I hope that I am able to leave at like 7 am friday for him to get here, or he will be driving back to get me!!!!!!!!!! :W .

He missed his appointment this month with his PM doc so they said if he doesnt go on friday, no meds for the rest of the month. I wonder what the chances of me leaving the hospital by then?????????? My doc said 1-2 days. I guess we will see. :?
  • Hi Heidilynn - I had the same fear. So much pain meds give me terrible nausea. I made sure my neuro knew about it. I've tried all the codine family - not good for me. He put me on hydromorphone - 2mg pills - taking 2 every 4 hours - NO NAUSEA!! He still Rx a nausea med just in case and put some in the IV, but I had no days of feeling sick - I hope this finds you in time and I hope it works for you!

Will be thinking of you..

• >:D< >:D<
    best of luck to you...and hope your hubby makes his appt in time.
    take it easy spiney gal
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Hoping you are out and now sleeping fairly comfortably? Crying before surgery, haven't done that, but I become a really bad "Bi*&^) if you know what I mean...but good just before the surgery itself. Yeah, weird.

Thinking of you, and hoping all went well. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • As you can see, we're all here for you and cheering you on.

I didn't cry, but like Brenda was just a complete bear to be around. Nerves really take a hold before surgery, worrying about everything.

You'll be talking with the anesthesiologist right before your surgery, so mention the nausea. My anesthesiologist added extra meds to the normal kick-a-- stuff and an anti-nausea patch on my shoulder as well. They should be able to conrol that, just warn them ahead of time and they'll take care of you.

Stay strong, follow your BLT, and I'm sure all will go fine. I'll also be anxiously waiting for your post-op update.

Take care and we'll see you on the other side.
  • Tomorrow morning for 7:30 am. I am doing better, I know that I was getting very scared. I have the anxiety meds ready! I will for sure tell them about the meds making me sick. I will try to get on here when I can when I get home.
    We are staying in a hotel tonight so that we will only have to drive 1 hour instead of three to get there in the morning.

Thank you everyone, and I hope you are all ready for me to come back with tons of questions!!!
    >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Heidi - it will be here before you know it. I asked for anxiety meds in my IV asap. They gave me some but it didn't work. When my doc came to see me I was a wreck. He confirmed I wanted it, I said yes, just knock me out already! Then I was given a 2nd dose. I don't remember anything after talking to the doc, so don't be scared to ask for more meds, either to help calm you or for pain when you first start moving after the surgery. I had a bad case of uncontrolled shaking. Once I got the meds increased I was much better.

Sendng prayers your way - try to have a relaxing evening, do something to keep your mind busy!