Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Fusion

mforzanimmforzani Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I am 31 and I've had several injections in my spine and they never worked. I've had a decompression, herniated disk removed and then several more injections and then had a L4-L5 fusion done. I used to walk fine, had shooting pains and pin needles down both legs and extreme pain. I've been threw extreme burning in my groin and more pain. After my fusion till this day I now use a cane because my left leg cannot maintain my full body weight without it buckleing. I have shooting pain and needle pain down my left leg, pain everyday on and off and can't lift anything around 30 to 40 Lbs. I also have numbness in my toes and foot. Sometimes when walking my leg pops forward. I can't walk very far for long times without extreme pain and having to sit down. I have told my spine doctor everything and he always looks and talks to me like I am making this up. He ses stuff like well lets see how you are doing in 6months well its been almost a year and he tells me lets try to get rid of the cane hahaha (have you been listening)I can't walk with out it. I know I am young and I would give anything to get function of my leg back but why do some doctors make you feel so stupid? I can't get rid of my pain, sometimes I even use those scooters at the stores due to bad days. I have try to get a job and been threw many interviews people look at me like I am a liability. Is there anything that will help me?

• Has your Dr. followed up with a CT scan? You may want to get a second opinion from another Surgeon if your Surgeon isn't helping. Have you had Physiotherapy yet? Keep looking for a Dr. to help you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • No I haven't had a C-scan but I will be asking for one but what are they looking for in the C-scan that can help me?