Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 yra after scoliosis surgery n here i am again ..

emnhmom87eemnhmom87 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:56 AM in Scoliosis
Hi my name is Laura! I just am trying to learn more about my problem and My mom is not in my life and my dad who was helping this year passed away quickly from brain cancer if you can help recommend anything I would appreciate any and all information. I am 24 years old now I had three rods put in my back when I was 16 they thought it was 85% curved but when opening me up they learned it was 93% curved so they had to turn me over cut into my side n go in through the front to remove four disk before starting so the lower half of me is fused but the upper part they didn't but they did put a bar up top. Now I have two young children 4 n 1 yr old. After my second I have noticed severe back pain but more recently upper mainly n my neck, breathing problems, vision problems sometimes it feels like someone is cutting me open in the middle part of my back n I even have swallowing problems. I have so much pain I can't stand it. Please let me know what advice u have did your last surgery help?? My surgery put me out 6 months from school I can't do that w 2 kids even with their dad. Do other surgeries put u out just as long? Is this life threatening? I saw one Dr she said there is no way my backbone could move w the bars but you can see n my xrays they did up top. The drs aren't much help that don't know about this.. thank you for your time..

Laura Bullock
advertisement

Comments

• Hi there I am 25 years old and have severe lower back pain and have adult scoliosis. From the information that I have gathered if the spine is messed with as in surgery it so risky. Most doctors dont know what they are talking about. I would never go under the knife for something so delicate as the spine, which is none reversable if done wrong! Stop surgeries and try pain management.
  • jinahjjinah Posts: 2
    edited 10/04/2013 - 4:24 AM
  • jinahjjinah Posts: 2
    edited 10/04/2013 - 4:26 AM
  • I am so sorry about your child. I' really sorry about both your parents. When compared to yours I feel a bit guilty like arrow, not because of the pain which I've had but because I was able to lead a 'normal' life when I was a kid.

I have read the same horror stories about Ifuse and that is what they were going to give me. I don't think he did because he is best friends with one of my friends brothers. Now everyone has realised the danger of this procedure so thanks for posting especially as you are an attorney.

I have an 80% wedge crush fracture that on the MRI's looks like scoliosis. As I got it through a trauma injury I only just linked it to scoliosis. I started reading the old posts on this site and found out it is really painful, cause it is for me.

I cannot imagine what you guys have been through since you have had it since childhood. You guys are so brave I can't believe it cause I know the pain I am in. You have been putting up with stuff since childhood and it's hard for kids to advocate for themselves.

I don't want surgery but the painkillers aren't managing the pain, are there any success stories. I really feel for you, that's just not fair.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.