Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Should I get a second opinion ?

psulppsul Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:''( Hi Im i received my results to my discogram and this is some of what the report said ; L3-L4 was noted that it is a dgenerative disk with annular tears bilaterally with no pain in her legs.L-4L5;showed bilateral degenerative disk withan annular tear more so on the left side ,with epidural leakage. L5-S1 bilateral annuular tears. Of course all three of my discs were extremely painful ( id rather have another child than go though that agony) anyway my problem is this; He wont do surgery and advises no narcotic pain killers. All he said was take some anti inflamitories ? My back kills me if i stand to long or sit . My question is should I go to another doctor? ive been out of work for 5 months . Thank im starting to go crazy

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    if you do not think that the outcome of your original doctor is to your satisfaction.

Always keep in mind however, when a doctor/surgeon says that surgery is not an option and narcotic pain medications is not warranted, then you may not get any other answers from another doctor.

What the reasons your doctor gave you for no surgery and no pain medications?

It is true that so many spinal situations can be corrected without any of the above. Many times, all it takes is an approved Physical Therapy program and some conservative measures.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Does the anti-inflammatory help at all? When I took a muscle relaxant it helped for my back pain. If you're in so much back pain you need to see a Pain Management Dr. to see how they can help you manage your pain. I've seen 3 Pain Management Drs and each have helped in a different treatment plan.

Physiotherapy or aquatherapy can help as well. I get relief from a Infrared platinum heating pad one Pain Management Dr. says helps the pain from annular tears and it helps to have it on while sitting for me. Drink lots of water to re-hydrate your discs. I hope you can get relief and find a Dr. to help you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • What type of a Dr did these tests and said no to surgery and pain meds?

Did you have an accident or how did you get hurt?
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.