Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

anyone recently try rolfing or ncr ??

starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Alternative Treatments
hiya spineys,
I've read few old posts on this subject rolfing si and ncr and I'm really thinking of trying it out.
I have e-mailed few of certified rolfers in Chicago.
I'm wondering about how and if worked for any of you.
I have few weeks before i see my Ortho to discuss my recent sitting MRI.
I'm hoping they find the cause of my legs issues but certainly want to avoid any surgery.
So I am looking into different treatments, I just can't take another winter like the last and pain meds yes they help so I am able to get thru simple tasks, but they just mask the pain. So if anyone has tried this please let me know either of them you have tried and what you experienced and the cost.
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.

• Rolfers? Never heard of it, not golfers? You can borrow my golf clubs if you want to take up golfing. I have i great 1 iron you cant miss lol.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I haven't heard of either of these either, but thank you for bringing it up. I am now researching it. It sounds a bit similiar to deep tissue massage. If you decide to try it, please let us know how it goes.

I saw that there are some people in my area that do rolfing, might check it out as well, after I get the results of my mri next week.

Good luck with it, hope that it helps you.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • no no no not golfer duh google it silly guy since I can't put the link here.
    Same here Karen I'm also waiting on my results, then if findings are nothing. I am checking into different holistic ideas, I can't take pain meds again this winter. They are just depressing me more. And I do like that they do a lot of yoga to go along with it.
    I just got the doc that created this technique from the library today. Very interesting and well I have to see how much it is. I want to get the knowledge first before dishing out any money.
    hope all goes good with your mri karen
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I'm currently doing the 10 series with my rolfer and she has effectively given me my life back. I began experiencing excruciating sciatic pain the beginning of January, an after numerous appointments with my chiropractor he suggested I see a doctor and get an MRI. The results showed several herniated discs in my lower back, one (L5-S1) so severely ruptured that it is completely filling my spinal canal and putting pressure on every nerve running through my lower back, along with degenerative disc disease and sacrilization. I was in constant pain, I couldn't sleep, I could barely walk, and I couldn't stand up straight. 10 sessions with a physical therapist did absolutely nothing and I got desperate. I found a rolfer in my town and started the 10 series.

After the first session, there was such significant pain relief that I knew I was on the right track. Each session resulted in huge changes in my body structure and pain level. After 6 sessions I am standing up straight, I can walk, I sleep like a baby, I am almost back to full mobility, and the only pain left is minimal discomfort caused by the pressure on my nerves. I feel like myself again.

I'm a firm believer that everyone should do the 10 series. Just keep in mind that rolfing works differently for everyone, and that not all rolfers are up to par. Mine is very professional and doesn't incorporate New Age energy crap. She has taught me how to move in every day life, and how to listen to my body. She also has a very strong understanding of body structure and how her bodywork can be complimented by other fields of medicine and exercise.

I would strongly encourage you to give it a shot. I'd imagine that after one session you'll know if it is going to help you.
  • Sounds good but what exactly is it? The only way I've heard this term used is for throwing up. What does it involve? Can you provide specifics of your treatments?
  • My rolfer's website is www.titusvillerolfer.com. She's got all kinds of info about rolfing. To sum it up, a rolfer manipulates the body's soft tissue like a chiropractor manipulates the skeletal system.

I've just finished the 10 series and I feel like a new woman. The sciatic pain is completely gone and the slight pain from the nerve damage is fading. I've even gained an inch in height. It's expensive, but it's worth every single penny.