Almost 3 years to the month since my first fusion, the neurosurgeon I have consulted with tells me I need at least another level fused due to a bad herniation at L3-4 plus all kinds of "other" complications! Might also need L2-3. Had both a CT and MRI with contrast as evaluation tools.
First of all, I have already set up another consultation to get a second opinion with a well known and highly regarded surgeon who is both a neuro and ortho and is a teaching doctor. The down side is I have to wait for 5 months to see him.
My pain doc is on board with me and is going to try to aggressively manage my back pain until I can get to see this second doc. Pain doc said I have a very "complicated" spine and probably can't avoid another surgery.
All of that being said, does ANYONE ever have a better result with a revision? This will be my second fusion surgery and if it weren't for the extreme pain I'm in and my lower extremity weakness, I wouldn't be considering it.
Thanks for your help on this.