Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Here We Go Again...

:''( Hello all..I am new to the group and find myself here 6 years (9/2005) after my discectomy. I went to see my surgeon today. I am having pain in my left buttocks, down the inner left leg to the thigh, the middle of my calf and the back of my heel so bad that its starting to effect my walking. Sometimes my heel feels like its on fire and I almost always have pins and needles in my foot. After my exam today he says that I have some weakness in my left foot. He ordered an MRI and now we wait. Got new RX for Naproxyn.

I guess I am here to see if I can find someone with similar pain years after surgery. My first herniation was emergency surgery. I had blown my L4/5 disc so bad that I had spinal cord compression and could not urinate on my own. I also have DDD.

I am only 36 years old and not looking forward to living the rest of my life in pain.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• i just want to welcome you. I just recently joined due to sciatica it's been about 7 wks and just received my first ESI and been doing physical therapy. I have a bulging disc on L5 pinching the nerve roots. I can honestly say it's horrible.

How did you recover fromt he 1st surgery?
  • to spine health. Sorry to hear of your pain 6 years after your discectomy. I am only 3 months out from mine.

Did you have a complete recovery after your first surgery? Any lasting pain or weakness before recently? Glad to see that your doctor ordered an MRI for you. Do you have a date set for it?

Hope that your meds give you some relief. Have you tried other things to help such as heat/cold /tens. There is a post about the "Blend" that may give you some ideas http://www.spine-health.com/forum/spine-health-announcements/blend

Wishing you all the best. Please keep us updated.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012