Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First full day outing since surgery

talented12ttalented12 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Today was my first full day outing since my surgery. I did pretty well but think I over did it. I went to church, came home and changed, and then went to the market. I feel a little pressure and pain in mid back and my neck just feels tired.

I forgot to mention that I have to wear this electrical device around my neck called the Orthofix. It sends electrical stimulation to help the bones fuse faster than they would on their own. I wear this for 4 hours a day for 5 months unless my neuro doc takes me off sooner. So I'm gonna go put that on and relax for a bit and see if I feel better.

Be back soon, if not today, tomorrow after my appointment.

• There seemed to be a lot more people on here before. I am surprised to see no comment on your post but so glad you are doing ok :)
  • Thanks Heidi, and yes it did seem to be a lot more ppl when I first started using it. But it's ok for the lack of responses. I only post so those that might need to know what to expect or those that need to know their not alone. But I'm glad you keep responding because this is how I keep my sanity, by talking to ppl. My doc asked me today how was I coping with everything? Not being able to work, the surgery and the other minor problems that have developed since surgery. My words to her was I don't know, I guess I'm ok. I then said I talk to ppl to help keep me sane. But truth be told, it's just too much to process right now, I haven't had time to think about it all.;~}.

Thanks again

Oh one more thing, how do you keep up with the different posts you've responded to. Because this doesn't give you any alerts to let you know someone has responded to your post.
  • I bet that felt good being able to go out, even if you did a little too much. You now know how much you can do, and we have to keep progressing.

There's a little box at the bottom of the page which has two options :

No Notifications
    For all comments on this post

Click on the comments and you'll receive notification in your In Box.

Hope your healing continues to go well.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • I am glad to hear you are out and about. It will get better.

What did you have fixed and how did they fix it?

Feel Better- :D

• Hi Trisha,
    Yes it did feel good to get out. And thank you for responding and for the info.
  • Thanks Julie. I had ACDF, C4-7. Everything went well, I was home about 2 or 2:30 the next day. I see you have a lot going on, I hope you feel better. I will pray for you.