Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Management and the DEA

MrGrouchMMrGrouch Posts: 108
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:57 AM in Pain Management
Hello
I have been doing a lot of research on why doctors in my area are terrified they will loose there license if they prescibe you any opiod. I have talked to about 10 doctors and about 5 nurses ( mostly in a hospital). Read numorous posts on various forums by doctors ( including pain management doctors).

The concensus is that the DEA has absolute power over there license and there career. As many put it, and it's a sad truth," Doing right by your paitent has a good chance of ending your career and possibly landing you in jail".in one and I qoute " Everytime I write a prescription for an opiod I risk my career and possible freedom".

Now I do not contest the DEA for what they are doing but I know from expereince the Oxycontin for a freind was stolen by his nephew and the same guy stole my emergency Hydrocodone out of my glove box ( lucky it was only 3 pills). So as usual who gets punished for this? the doctors and the patients.

I am now looking to find a way, a mechinisum, or some sort of safegaurd that I can get the medication prescribed and the doctor can be relitivly safe from the DEA.

If any of you have any info or feedback please post them. I can not say directly but I just got a part time job after 2.5 years of being unemployed and unable to work. This job is for the armed services and they are sticklers for any medication use. So a lot of explaining to the guys in sunglasses.

Thanks
Oscar T. Grouch in MD.
advertisement

Comments

• So happy for you that you found something part time, that is wonderful.
    I have found no more information then you on this subject, but I am still researching. Kind of made me mad when My doctor of years acted like he couldn't give me a narcotic almost seemed like he thought I was a drug dealer... He said with my condition because it was chronic I needed to go to PM doctor. Then he explained I was so shocked and apologized for putting him in that place and getting upset.
    I am still researching the topic tho, because honestly I as the patient would be more comfortable having my doctor of years who knows me prescribing me strong narcotics then a doctor who doesn't know me at all even after they read my file.
    Thanks
    Sheryl