Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Life of Darkness

tkdanttkdan Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Depression and Coping
Life of Darkness

Life has become sad,
Most happening is bad:

Life offers no refuge,
From drowning in the deluge:

Life seems so grim,
As the light within goes dim:

Life is slipping away,
In sight not another day:

Life is lived than lost,
All mistakes must cost:

Life makes one cry,
A longing beckons to die:

Sorry for the dark poem.... Sometimes it helps me to write even if it is not very cheerful....

• This is a very sad poem :(
    I hope that better days are coming for you!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    You are right about writing stuff out..like journeling. The hand will start writing stuff that even surprises the head...the mind.

The interesting thing is sometimes when we "see what we're thinking"...it can help us address the painful issues.

Some of us tend toward this sadness more than others. I get it. I do.

And sometimes it's difficult to listen to...or even believe others with their counsel or attempt at encouragement.

The cool thing is it seems your sadness may be reaching out to the caregiving part of you.
    Maybe a reeval with doc. I know my antidepressants will work for awhile ..then not..and it's back to trial and try again.

But I remember when I did have good results and thought...wow..is this how other people always feel? ..content and dare say happy?

So I know it's possible and I cont to work towards that. I hope you can hold on to past successes for the strength to talk with doc..new med maybe..but let doc know.

I'm in a bit of a free fall myself right now, so I say to myself what I say to you. I'm getting ready for further evaluation & I trust better management for my depression.

Also, in no way am I trying to say anything like I truly know what you're going through. We're all so individual...but I feel I identify with your writings and I'm just sharing how I try to care for myself.

You're not alone. This site...great people...we'll get through it all together. )
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• writing is a great outlet for the unformed un known ides of the pain your in, you can see where your going sometimes by just listening to the still quiet voice within that begs to be heard.

I know your hurting, biut I also know it wont last forever, unless you either want it to, or let it control the basic essential you.

There will be light, all you have to do is be on the look out for it when and where ever it may appear.

Good poem, keep writing and even better let us fellow spineys give you a shoulder up!

keep that chin up and look for the light always!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health