Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ok, is there something wrong here????????

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Okay, I had pain for like 7 days that hurt A LOT, but now it hurts but not that bad at all. I mean, I am taking a hydrocodone like 1-2 times a day. Hmmmm I had a spinal fusion, and I am not dying of pain?! Am I just setting myself for something??????

I think it is great, I just seen my husband go through such pain that it was horrible. Help me here!!!!!!!!!!

• Forgot to mention that I did lean some on my bed, and no joke feels like I was being electrucited (sp). Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
  • Everybody heals differently. Maybe you will continue to have a pretty good recovery. Just remember to take it easy and do what the doctor says!
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • That is great that you are already feeling better. Dont let it go to your head :-) you still have a long way to go. Have you started walking?
    Be careful with the bending. That pain you dont want to come back &stay for a visit.

• I have been walking all over the house. I havent done a mile or anything. Should I be walking a mile? I am going out tomorrow to walk outside.
    I did go to walmart today with my husband. I drove around in one of those driving carts. Kind of cool!

I have to say that sitting does stink, but I did a whole lot of it today. I am just wondering if this happens then the real pain comes back again? :?

I don't bend at all, when I lean just a bit it hurts. I got one of those grabber things too :D
  • I can sympathies with you, I used to get electrocuted also. For me it would go straight up my spine,thank god it only lasted for a few seconds when it would hit.
    It really takes your breath away.
  • Hello Heidi

You're doing great, but have a care once you start to become more active and are off the pain pills. It's so easy to be over-confident and do more than you should. Been there done that

Keep walking but don't measure the distance - listen to your body - your back will soon let you know when you've reached your limit for that session.

We all heal differently and it's terrific that you're starting to feel much better.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • I'm happy to read that you are doing so well! It is giving me a little hope that everything will work out in my recovery. I am having a PLIF on October 31st. I know that everyone is different and heals at their own rate, but it is good to hear a positive story.

Keep us posted on how you are doing!!
  • I am still sore in the back and the legs but not horrific. I am just hoping that this means that I will heal well. On the downside, my left side of my neck is KILLING me~! I have no clue what I did, maybe pulled a muscle?
    I am very stubborn, and I did lay in bed for the first week I was home but I did get up, and down. I am downstairs right now. Thanks for the comments, I hope that this will all work out.