Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Upcoming Surgery

bkprincessbbkprincess Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello I am new here. I have a upcoming surgery. I think it will be around the end of Oct. I am very scared. My first surgery was a double fusion on L4 L5 and S1 and a decompersion. My surgery was 8 hours long.I never fused which caused my rods to break and I have another slip. This surgery he will go through the front to stablize me and then flip me overe and remove old hardware and refuse me. He said it would be a long surgery and he would have to possible have to do the front one day and do the back a few days later. He would not know until he got in there. I will be in the hospital at least a week depiding on how everything went. I am so scared because the first surgery was bad enough and I can only imagine this will be worse. What can I expect from my hosptal stay to recovery. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks