Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Aviatrix 36440...

essmoe29eessmoe29 Posts: 317
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
We know tomorrow's the last full day before you undergo slice & dice. You've been in my thoughts, and Tuesday you'll be in my prayers as well. Tomorrow, do some things you really enjoy doing and for dinner have something you really like (I always have steak the evening before an op - something I was especially happy about during the first two days after my '83 C5-6 ACDF, when I was unable to swallow solid food). Anyhoo, best wishes 2 U, darlin'! Love 'n gentle >:D< >:D< >:D< , Ess

• Brenda you are in my thoughts!!!!!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Ess,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. The hubby made lamb chops for dinner tonight! How cool is that? (G) We'll probably go out for din din tomorrow night. Like you, we try to have 'date night' before surgery. I'll be in the hospital for at least 5 days, so you know I have to have some yummy food before hospital food! (G)

Thanks very much, appreciate! My avatar should look real interesting in a few weeks! I figure like the other surgeries, x-rays will happen around week 6, though maybe sooner given the amount of levels. Whew!! 1 day and a wake up to go!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hey Brenda,
    You know the drill, you've been there, done it before. Just hoping all goes well for you and have a speedy recovery.
    Take care & be safe!
  • Will be thinking about you tomorrow, though I'll have to make a half day time zone allowance, seeing as I'm down here in Oz!!

Truly, I hope all goes well for you, and you and your hubby make the most of your dinner date.

>:D< >:D< >:D<

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • How ya doing darlin?? Thanks for dropping in. I am actually pretty calm about this surgery since I am in a 'damned if I do, damned if I don't" mode. I do know the nerve damage progression needs to be stopped. I think my brain gets that, and too a stable neck would of course be very welcome!! :)

I hope all is well for you Ben. *HUGZ*

• Trish,

Thanks very much. I'm trying to decide if I will have lobster, or a wonderful steak!! (G) My hubby and I have a "date" once a week, but pre-surgery dates are more fun!! hehehe....

I have a feeling he has a surprise planned as he asked me "what are you restricted from eating before surgery?" I told him , "Nothing, just think of me as a Gremlin, do not water or feed after midnight!!!" (G)

As Alexhurting puts it....Lets get ur done!! :)

• And will do great! Best of luck. You are going to ace this course!
  • And will do great! Best of luck. You are going to ace this course!
  • rascal2717 said:
    And will do great! Best of luck. You are going to ace this course!
    Hehehehe Rascal,

Thanks and think this...a course I don't need to study for! (G) :)

• One more wake up!!

Have been thinking of you. Glad you are having some good quality time with hubby. Sounds like you have an interesting surprise for dinner tonight.

Will be sending you good vibes all day tomorrow, and you will have a huge cheering section on here wishing you all the best. The next little while on here just won't be the same without your thoughtful encouraging posts. Put everything in to your recovery, and we will be here waiting for you when you return.

Big gentle hugs, thoughts and prayers coming your way!
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Actualy i stolen that line from larry the cable guy. Its git-ir -done. Not git-ur -done lol

Best of luck with your surgery. I dont like to hear anyone going under the knife for i had my share, Hope you have beter luck then i had, Hopefully its your last surgery,

From what i am learning is more surgery dont mean beter so everyone reaches there final moment and the last surgery will give the final result of how life will progress. Hopefully this surgery will put you in a beter position of being able to make it work for ya, Good luck. Git-ir-done. (grrr). (bada bing bada bang). (fingers crossed).
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Good luck tomorrow Brenda! Enjoy your date night.

I will be thinking of you.

• Good luck tomorrow Brenda >:D<

Have a Great Surgery.

If I were you I would take your surgeon out for dinner. Feed him a good dinner, prepare his breakfast as well so that you know he wont get tired or hungry in the middle of your surgery and does a better job.... LOL Just kidding :)

Get some good laughs in today.

• Karen, Alex, Nel, Julie,

Thanks so much Karen. I figure I should be up to dropping in by Thursday. My hubby has a 'call' list, and Metalneck is one of those calls. He can then post an update until I can get on here. I'm hoping tonight is a treat too!!! Licking chops...

Alex, ah the Cable Guy. That movie was funny. Unfortunately it won't be the last surgery - the back is still there, but on hold for the foreseeable future. I hear ya though! I'm hoping for the neck this is it for a long time to come!! I will keep worrying about the C2/3 though...

Thanks much Nel, appreciate. *HUGZ*

Julie, Hehehe...I'm not a breakfast person, so if I tried to make him breakfast, he probably wouldn't be up for surgery! Rofla!!! He's got the hard part, I just have to stay asleep! (G)

• Your day is almost here! Before you know it, you will be on the other side of recovery! :)

Enjoy your day today and your yummy dinner tonight!

Keeping you, your loved ones and your medical team in my thoughts and prayers!!

Wishing you the very best!

Thank you for all of your support the past couple years! Now it is our turn to surround you and support you!!

Gentle cyper hugs!! :)

• I have a gut feeling you'll come through the surgery with flying colors; you'll pass the class (actually I'm no good at writing poetry). We're all looking forward to your hubby's post and YOURS after you reach the other side.

Enjoy your did-din tonight~

Love 'n Big but Gentle >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    What can I say? Plenty usually..right? Well, I just want to wish you the very best of luck. Sent you a PM with all the mushy sentiments...I know you'll do great. The problem is, what will we all do without you around for a few days??? You'll definitely be missed and we'll be anxiously awaiting your return. I know you'll be posting again real soon and helping others like you always have.

Take care and have a great day/night with hubby. Ah, um, well, you know... ;) ;) Plus a great meal...what more could you ask for???? lol.

• Hi; and everything has already been said toward wishing you the very best tomorrow, and forever.

We'll be thinking about ya, and waiting for your posting about your recovery.

You are always alongside everyone here, and everyone here is alongside you, during your recovery.

My best to ya, and hoping for a successful surgery, and a speedy recovery.

• and hoping that you are having a special evening and meal with your hubby.

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you, hubby and your surgeon tomorrow.

Looking forward to hearing news of how it alll goes.

Gentle hugs and the very best wishes

>:D< >:D< >:D<

• Tomorrow's the big day!!! Wishing you a very, very successful surgery and a fast recovery!!! Much gentle hugs and let us know how you are on the other side. >:D< >:D< >:D<
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • Thanks so much! I can feel the spiney circle of support and love! It is a nice warm happy feeling!!! :)

I was told to eat salty food tonight since my sodium was low. Okay dokay doc!! And here I was thinking I was being good cutting down my salt intake - oops, went too low! (G)

Gonna hit AppleBees. Haven't been there in a while, and their food *is* salty! Hehehe... yum, yum!!

• I know I am going to be pretty out of it tomorrow, but the hubby is planning on bringing my laptop on Wednesday. He has a list of folks to call after I come out of recovery.

My last surgery after the recovery room, I still snoozed for like 5 more hours! I guess they gave me the good stuff on that one! (G)

• Howdy woman!! Thanks very much for your PM, I just replied to it. :)

0545 is my show time, and if it is like my other surgeries, I should be in the OR around 7-7:30. Game plan is 5 hours to do the surgery (laminectomies C4-T1) and posterior fusion C4-T2. Yum, yum.... I knew my neck was a mess, but you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw *how* messed up! (G) *shrug* Oh well, it is what it is...

I guess I'll hit the pillows around 9 or 10 tonight to get up at 0330. Already packed, so that part is done. Thanks again for your wonderful words and support. *HUGZ*

• Jim, thanks so much for your words and support. Getting ready for din-din...hubby is taking a shower. Mentally what is good this go around is I know I can't "not" have the surgery without major risk, so I am actually pretty calm over all... Go figure huh? Thanks again Jim, you're super people!!! *HUG* :)

• Jelly,

*HUGZ* Thanks very much!! :) I'll put in a prayer for you tonight that you have some solid answers tomorrow. You are still on for your Neurologist right? Fingers crossed for ya woman!!!! 8>

• Thanks Lili. 12 hours to show time! (G) Gonna have a din din with the hubby at Applebees, so that should be fun. The weather has broken, so now it is nice again. I vote for us to eat outside! :)

• Hoping for the best for you.
  • I'm a little late to the party, but best wishes and good luck Bren!

We'll be here waiting for good news.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Thanks much Graham (loss for words huh?) (G), Paul, thanks much! No problem on being late, you did show!! *G* *HUGZ*

• Sorry I am late too, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck tomorrow! I am sure you are experiencing a rush of emotions right now. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Update when you can!