Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C6/C7 fusion

datavalueddatavalue Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello, I had an L4/L5 discectomy 10 years ago, which I recovered from with no major issues. Day before yesterday I had a c6/c7 fusion. I'm having lots of pain swallowing and severe stomach pain probably from no visit to loo since op but then I had problems before when I had the L4/L5 surgery - so I made sure I went before the op. I was home from hospital 24 hours after surgery. I have a surgical strip and plaster on my neck and no neck brace - I've taken a week off work and need to visit neurosurgeon in 2 weeks time. I'll let you know how it goes.

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many including myself whom have had cervical fusion surgery. AS far as the swallowing issues. it all depends, as to how long it will get better. Some it is better in a day or two and others it is about two weeks. Be patient, as you don't want to rush your recovery and do anything to effect the surgery, to only have it redone.

Going back to work in a week, maybe doable depending on the type of work you do. I have seen some do it, and while a rough go they made it. Be sure you have a good muscle relaxer to take as that seems to be the biggest issue, if you have a desk job. You might also find another week will do you good.

To help with your endurance you can look at a walking program such as 10,000 steps. Walking is the number one thing you can do to help your overall recovery. Good luck and keep us post on how your doing. Just thought I would stop by and welcome to spine-health.