Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need best fusion surgeon Boston

AmyinpainAAmyinpain Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm a newby although have been reading posts for months and find them both helpful and comforting. I have been suffering for many yrs with chronic back pain, leg pain and butt pain . Tried meds., chiro, injections - everything with little help. Recent MRI showed severe facet arthritis, stenosis, spondylolesthesis and a bulged disc at l5 s1. Other issues l4l5. Am looking into surgery. Anyone have any good referrals Boston area lumbar fusion? Thanks in advance! Miserable :(

• Amyinpain said:
    have been reading posts for months and find them both helpful and comforting.
    It's good to know that, b/c our aim is to try to help other spineys, and the advantage is that we've all been there done that when it comes to having spine issues, so we definitely understand the associated pain and frustrations. Sorry I can't recommend a surgeon in your area, since I live in St. Petersburg, Florida, but someone else on this Board might be able to send you a Private Message with that information (we're not allowed to sell anything or recommend a doctor in the public posts such as this one.) Best wishes, and again, Welcome to SH! Love 'n >:D< , Ess
  • Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain!! I live in RI and had Fusions done in Boston. I have High regards for my Surgeon!!! I will private message you the details!!!!

Maria :)
    spondylolisthesis at L4-5; stenosis,
    Lumbar surgeries 1999 L4-L5
    Lumbar staph infection 1999-2000"
    Meningitis x5 in 1999-2001
    Brain shunt 2000"
    Brain shunt removed 20001"
    ALIF/PLIF fusion 8/5/09
    Failed fusion and Failed Hardware
    PLIF Fusion scheduled for 10/29/10
  • :H Maria I am looking forward to your email. Thanks so much :H
  • Amy, sorry to hear you are at the phase of needing to seek interventional treatment for your spine.

Re: Surgeons in Boston

I live in Florida, and have a tentative trip to Boston to see a Neuro-surgeon. You are fortunate to live there !
    I miss the metro medical care I had in a similar size major university medical city in midwest.

Have you checked out the major universities, Neuro-Spine Depts. I understand there are excellent ones to choose from?

Oh, I see you got a reply from MLT has a referral for you - - good !

Know there are several from your area here on SH.

My Spine priorities are Cervical & Thoracic, but know the referral I got has a team for Lumbar. If you like I can PM you, just let me know.

• I do have appts. with a couple of surgeons set up; one at MA General and the other at the BI. However, I got their names from the internet, not a referral. Would be more comfortable with someone that knew something about a doc....thanks!