Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Did anyone go to ER for neck pain?

sukieessukiee Posts: 30
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello Everyone,
Did anyone had to go to the ER for neck pain? Sometimes the pain in my neck gets so bad, I thought about going to the ER. Did you get an MRI? My insurance won't authorize me to get an MRI and I was wondering, if I go to the ER, would they do an MRI without my insurance consent? If this doesn't work, I'm going to contact a lawyer. I had ACDF on C6/7 in 2006. The pain returned in 2007 and I've been having pain since. I did PT, pain management and taken a host of pain pills. I haven't had a problem in the past getting an MRI. I made several calls to insurance company but they won't talk to me. I'm at my wits end. Time to lawyer up. X( ~X(

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,841
    then you should go into the ER. When pain hits around 9, you really can not take complete care of yourself.

I dont know how different states run, but here, the ER would take a MRI and/or CTScan based on emergency situations, not any existing or chronic problems.

Curious, what are you going to do with a lawyer? Who has done you wrong? Perhaps you didnt post other things that would make it easier to understand why you are looking for a laywer
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • yes i have been they did not do mri but ct of neck I would try and talk to your dr and get him to say you need mri of neck and see if that helps dont know if that is what u have done but er will only get pain down and send u home
  • yes i have been they did not do mri but ct of neck I would try and talk to your dr and get him to say you need mri of neck and see if that helps dont know if that is what u have done but er will only get pain down and send u home
  • My insurance company denied my claim by my doctor to get an MRI and they won't tell me why. My neurologist gave them all of his clinical notes but they keep saying, that's not enough. I was told that I should sue the insurance company because I've been having pain for 3 years and they won't authorize an MRI.
  • No I have never felt neck pain will you please let me know about you health and neck pain what is this and how is start.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Liz

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Did you appeal the insurance companies decision? Usually when it is denied it is due to lack of information. If you need help doing a appeal please contact me I will walk you thru the process. Calling the insurance company will do no good, every insurance company has a appeal process and you have to start there
  • I am post two separate cervical surgeries and after the second one I have been to the ER about three times. It hasn't helped me because the most they can do for the pain is IV pain meds and I have a reaction to this, but I know that for some people it helps calm the pain down.

Also, at the ER they usually do a lot of bloodwork, so they could see if anything else is going on to contribute to your pain.

Usually, if something is done on an emergency basis they don't wait around for insurance consent, but then I believe for post-cervical surgery issues in the ER it is usually an x-ray to make sure your hardware didn't follow out, etc. so not sure you could even get an MRI this way anyway...

• My insurance company is really bad, if the doc says I need and mri, they dont have to approve it. The doc usually has to call and argue with them and it shouldnt be that way. I am facin my 3rd cervical fusion and the pain is off the chart this time, I also have tethered cord syndrome, which I was born with but didnt have the surgery until I was 32 but the damage was already done. I am havin a problem when my pain gets at a certain level my heart rate goes up, its been like 130 for the last three days. Now I am wonderin if there is something wrong with my heart or is it just the aniexty from dealin with the pain...has this happen to anyone else