Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Received short form cdr review form today

susiessusie Posts: 152
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I filed for s.s. Disability 3 years ago this month. My award letter stated I would be reviewed in 3 years. So it is 3 years and I have been sent the form.

I had a huge and complicated fusion, have been told they cannot tell from my xrays if I have fused or not.

I have such limited mobility. I called my Dr.s office because I didn't know if my health would be considered better, same or worse.

The Dr.s P.A. Told me to put worse.

I had an emergency room visit where I was put in a room for about 6 hours, they gave me an IV, and did a catscan and xrays. Would that be considered I was hospitalized?

I read that the form will be kicked out if you add different information but the P.A. Told me to put worse under how my health is. I am 52 and would not be really afraid if I had to be examined if I trigger a full review?

Also, should I mail this back return receipt requested???

Any quick thoughts,
I can't dawdle! Susie

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I'm not sure if you used an attorney to help get your disability, but even if you did not, you can use an attorney to assist you with this new reassessment form.
    As would be the case for initial filing for disability, you do not pay anything for this service. It is one of the rare win/win situations.

It's not that you would need concern about having a full review, but the path of least resistance is usually easiest.

The lawyer would review everything with you and review the form before mailing. With the lawyer's guidance, it would be worded the way disability easily understands and accepts.

My attorney was involved from the onset, so he received copies, also, so that would be your additional security re' paperwork in the mail.

Best of luck to you and also, re' your health and limited mobility. I hope your pain is mostly manageable.
    Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Oh, did not use an attorney Straker. I don't think I have time to meet with an
    Attorney, for this short form I don't think they would fool with it.

I better just look up the requested information on Dr. Visits and mark worse like
    The Dr.s office told me to.

I will just follow the directions ( even though following directions is not always easy)

I don't have anything to hide but it actually has been on my mind wondering
    If S.S. Would be trying to get people off disability due to finance problems
    But I will just hope that they will look for those who are truly recovered.

It makes me rather nervous because of my Medicare.
  • My CDR review form went through, my letter of approval came yesterday
    And I do not have to do the long form, they did not have to contact
    My Dr.s, it took one month, relieved!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    That is awesome! It's so great when things work out well!
    I'm very happy for you!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I am so relieved that it is over, I think it was worth the anxiety!