Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

scs for thoracic?

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Saw my NS today and we looked over the CT myelogram that I had on Monday. He doesn't think a fusion at T7-8 will solve my pain... I have more pain around the 4-5 level but it goes down several levels.

We started talking about "what" I can do since I can't continue living this way. He has suggested a percutanues doral column stimulator placed near the cervical thoracic junctor. My PM had said NO when we broached he subject last summer. He said I have too much wrong to get adequate coverage. My NS thinks it is worth a try. He is sending me to a different PM with an outstanding record.

I asked about the size of the leads and he jokingly said it is not the size thay matter... It is the location of the lead. He said these leads are placed through a large needle. I would have a week long trial and if it works I could have it installed permanently.

If it doesn't work we will then look at the pain pump. I have to tell you I was relieved, Having another surgery in the location of thoracic spine looks like nightmare waiting to happen.

This new PM is boked solid so I don't know when I can meet her. But at least I have something to look forward to ....

Anyone with advise please pm or email. I will be researching. e-JulieAnnaAlv@gmail.com
=D> Julie :P

• Check to see if they will be using the flat leads or regular leads. I had 2 trials before and it failed with regular leads. My pain dr talking to me about doing 1 more trial with new flat leads,

They say flat leads can be controled more of where to send the signals to the pain area, When i had trial with regular leads it was all over the place is maybe why it failed, Good luck. Ps. I dont think using the reasoning of saying a person is wayy to bad to have benefit posibly from scs as you mentioned,,

Its for people who are that bad so they might get some releif,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,