Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie looking for advise on Bone Stimulator

ccrockercccrocker Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in New Member Introductions
I have been online for weeks reading all the informative and interesting info that this site provides. Many of my questions have been answered, and the forums have made me feel like I am not alone for the first time in three years. Although, I am still confused regarding the Exogen Bone Stimulator suggested by my surgeon. The more I read the more confused I have become. To keep this short, I would like to know if Exogen is the only stimulator to get or is there other reliable stimulators out there? I will be paying out of pocket for mine. Ebay seems to be an option, but with alot of caution and risk to the purchase. Any advise will be helpful and much appreciated as I need to purchase a stimulator within the next week for the benefits to work.

I recently underwent lumbar facet fusion on L4/L5 on Oct.6th, this was non-invasive (as they like to say)but still very painful recovery, very little sleep, and anxiety regarding if the fusion will happen. Prior to this procedure here is my history. A crazy list in such a short time. Yet all failed! This lead me, without choice, to my latest surgery.

Laser Discectomy on C4/C5 this worked! Laser Laminectomy L4/5,L5/S1 failed. Injections into lower back (I lost track of how many) they all failed. I only felt relief for two to three days. Lyase injections (imported from Germany) wasted of time and money, did not work. Nerve root injections, failed. Nerve root abalation/SI joint failed. Then, back to surgery with a Discectomy on my L4/L5, left me with nerve damage left leg, and complete failure for pain relief in lower back. Diagnosis after that was pain management for life, not an option for me that is why I recently had my latest surgery, which I call my "hail mary" last ditch effort to get my life back. Not to mention the three years of pain meds, all the different nerve pain meds that did not work and the unforseen damage they may be causing to my insides. Writing all my history with all the pain and frustration I endured makes me ill. I know everyone on this site is all to familiar with pain and frustration, again I know now I am not alone in this nightmare of a journey my life has taken.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I don't know anything about a bone stimulator...
    Just wanted to acknowledge your pain and frustration and you are so right. You are not alone!

This is a great site with info, articles, etc.. and the search on this site..very useful to me. That may take you to some posts re' your bone stimulator.

Good luck to you as you research and also on your recovery from your recent fusion.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History