Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another person with headaches after ACDF c4/5

mariebzeemmariebzee Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am 3 weeks post op from an ACDF fusion of the c 4/5 with instrumentation. I don't have neck pain, I don't think I ever really did.

What I have are headaches. EVERY DAY. I had them before, but these feel stronger/different. I take vicodin/Soma. My family thinks I weaned too hard. I went off the hard collar and weaned down the vic. at the same time. Even the nurse practitoner said the same thing. So, I am back on the full dose of vic./Soma. I hope things get better, because what I have been reading in other Spine Health forums, scare the begeezes out of me! I did this to STOP the headaches!

(btw, this all got diagnosed a year ago, when, at age 48, I found out that I don't have a functioning C-1. It is deformed, and fused to the base of my skull, consequently, the C 2-7 are carrying a load they were not built to do.)

• I didn't really get headaches post acdf c4-5. I still take a muscle relaxer daily and sometimes pain meds- about 2x a week at night after I over do it. 3 weeks is really soon to stop meds.

I did have neck/shoulder/upper pain. SEVERE pain. My disc was herniated on to the left nerve root exit.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg